32: Don't blame me.

"Are you okay with that?" Lenny asked worriedly, her eyes going to and fro from me to Jayden hugging Fiona near her locker. Thankfully there weren't many people in the hallway.

I looked away from them and shrugged. "They're friends. He's prolly consoling her about something." I didn't want to think too much into their PDA. I believe Jayden.

"Maybe." Lenny nodded still looking dubious. "It does look like she's crying." She mumbled still looking at them. I hummed a response in reply.

I never told Jayden or my friends what i saw in the washroom. It was Fiona's problem and i didn't want to put my nose into other people's affair.

I knew Jayden know about Fiona's family problems and her mental state, and he probably was, like she said, being there for her since the beginning and a friend she needed the most at the time.

They were friends and i didn't want to take that away from Jayden or Fiona, as long as Fiona know her limits and refrain herself from  crossing the line.

Knowing about everything, i still couldn't shake the feeling of jealousy that coursed through me, seeing Jayden hug Fiona. I reprimanded myself and scolded for being so petty about it.

Unintentionally, my eyes went to their hugging form, unable to stop myself. My eyes met with Jayden's as he looked my way, he smiled at me apologetically as if he was sorry.

Shaking my head, i smiled at him letting him know i wasn't thinking anything else about their and i was okay.

"...join me?" Lenny was saying something but i could only catch half of what she said. "Are you even listening to me, Melody?" She shook me by my shoulders, successfully getting my undivided attention.

"I am sorry, what?" I smiled sheepishly at her.

She huffed at my dazed state before repeating herself. "I said, should we go together to Sandra's place, after school?"

"Yeah, sure. She's prolly bored at home, just resting." I said sympathetically towards Sandra. She hurt her ankle the previous day, during her cheer practice and was advised to rest for one whole week before she can resume with her practice. She took leave from school for a few days and was at home resting.

"You got all your books?" I asked Lenny.

"Yep." She patted the books on her hands.

"Let's go then." Just as i said that, the bell rang for the start of the next class. As if on cue, we both started sprinting towards our next class.

*

"Thank you." I whispered leaning close to Jayden who was sitting beside me in the library.

He lifted his head, looking away from the open book he had before him to face me. He looked confused, quirking a brow at me.

Controlling my urge to laugh at the adorable look on his face, i leaned close and whispered. "Bra..."

This morning, when i woke up, i saw a gift box placed over my bedside table. When i opened the lid, i found my black bra inside it. Jayden finally returned me my bra but the note inside left me in confusion. Thank you, was written on it. Now, why should he thank me for?

Realisation dawned on his face and he grinned. "I should thank you." He whispered back, his smile sly and mirthful.

I was reminded for his note, so i mouthed, 'why' at him.

"Thanks to your bra and the sight i saw that day, I was able to jerk of-"

"Shut up." I squeaked in embarrassment when i caught onto what he was implying.