⚅⚅⚅⚂

¢hαρтєя 21

  Yoongi flinched

  Yoongi flinched. He flinched, as if someone had suddenly hit him or as if something had just jumped out of the bushes and screamed at him.

  Jimin didn't expect him to say it back. Of course he wouldn't just "confess his love" like that, out of nowhere. Yoongi's feelings were probably not even close enough to love yet, but it was worth a shot. Plus, they had only lived together for six months, maybe Jimin was just the type to get too attached in too little time, or maybe Yoongi just wasn't ready.

  The blond gave Yoongi a sad smile. His mouth was smiling, but his eyes weren't. Slowly and hesitantly, he took Yoongi's hand and raised it up to his lips, planting a kiss on his slender fingers. "It's fine, you don't need to say anything." It wasn't fine.

  "Jimin, I..."

  "No, just... it's fine. I can't force you to say anything," he laughed awkwardly before opening up the pizza box. "Let's eat before the food gets any colder, alright?

  Yoongi looked at him without really knowing what to say, so he just nodded. They placed Jimin's phone in front of the pizza box and put on a movie on Netflix, though neither of the males payed much attention to it. There was an awkward silence from then on until they got home, and Jimin didn't invite Yoongi to sleep in his bed.

  That night, Jimin stayed up until 2 AM, hugging Lumpy with all his strength. "Daddy doesn't love, Lumpy, he doesn't love me..." he whispered into the purple elephant's ear. "But I know that if I cry, I won't be a good boy no more, because I know it's not Daddy's fault that he doesn't love me, he can't control it. Maybe it's my fault."

  He shut up when he heard the doorknob twisting, rolling to his other side so he was facing the wall. The blond shut his eyes and pretended to be asleep, tightening his embrace on Lumpy.

The other side of the bed sunk with the weight of a body, who was none other than Yoongi's.

"Hey," Yoongi whispered softly, "are you okay?" When Jimin did not answer, he continued by saying "You don't need to pretend to be asleep, sweetie. I won't punish you."

Jimin turned back around to look at Yoongi, though his eyes could barely focus on the male before him, it was too dark in his room to see anything. "Are you okay?" He asked again.

The little shook his head and buried his face in the lavender stuffed animal. "Daddy doesn't love me anymore, an' he's just gonna leave me."

"Jimin, that's not-"

"L-liar!" Jimin clenched his small fists into balls and hit them repeatedly against the older's chest until he managed to get a hold of them.

"Listen to me. The reason why I-"

"I don't wanna talk to you," said Jimin, while turning his back on Yoongi and letting tears roll down his cheeks. He felt frustrated and heartbroken, and it was on him. He shouldn't have let those words slip out of his mouth, he should've stayed quiet.

Yoongi could do nothing but stare blankly at the younger lying in front of him. Hesitantly, he drew closer to the blond little and pressed their bodies together gently. He would've back hugged him, but he was afraid of pushing it too far. "I'm sorry."

As usual, Jimin attempted to use work as an excuse to leave the house early in the morning and avoid having a conversation with Yoongi. This time, Yoongi was prepared, and he wouldn't let Big Jimin run away from their problems anymore.

He heard his boyfriend sneaking towards the front door, where he was already standing, slouching against the wall while waiting for the blond to appear.

The latter was apparently startled by Yoongi's presence at that moment, because he basically jumped when he looked up from his phone screen to see Yoongi standing by the door.

"W-why are you up so early? Is there somewhere you need to be right now?"

"We need to talk, and I won't allow you to leave for work until we've talked this out." He looked at Jimin dead in the eye, waiting for him to say something.

The younger sighed. "I know I shouldn't have expected anything from you last night, but it's fine-"

"Aaand, there we go again. You say it's fine, but when I look at you, you don't really seem to mean what you say. Everything doesn't need to be 'fine' all the time, you don't need to lie to me." He softened his expression and walked over to Jimin, closing the distance between the two.

"You're right, it's not fine. But what do you want me to say? Do you want me to say that I'm a sensitive crybaby that gets sad when his boyfriend doesn't tell him 'love you too' like he's a freaking teenage girl?! Because that's the truth! I'm simply ridiculous! I never expected you to say it back, but the disappointment is still there, and it shouldn't be!" Jimin barked with big brown glassy eyes.

By this point, his face was red from anger and embarrassment. He was about to storm out of the house when Yoongi pinned him against the wall and glued their foreheads together.

"You wanna know why I didn't tell you I loved you? Because I'm afraid, Jimin. I've been with hundreds of people, and not one of them, not a single soul, has made me feel the way you do. And it's terrifying, but it also makes me ecstatic."

Jimin's breathing was shaky and his lower lip was quivering. He wasn't prepared for something like this so early in the morning. "I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, because the truth is, I love you, Park Jimin. I don't how this happened, when it started, or how it'll end. I can't promise it'll all be sunshine and rainbows, but I can promise you this much.

"I love you, so much it makes me feel stupid." He beamed at Jimin, who was already pressing his lips into a thin line and contorting his features into an ugly expression. "And I'm sorry."

Jimin broke down and laced his arms around Yoongi, peppering kisses all over his boyfriend. "H-how about I skip work today and we watch a movie? I'll call in sick."

"Oh, that's not what good boys should behave like, but I suppose I can make an exception from time time... How does Dumbo sound?"

Jimin grinned from ear to ear and pressed his lips against Yoongi's. "Sounds great, though I'll probably need help changing back into my pajamas."

"How about no clothes at all?" Jimin smacked his chest while giggling softly.