⚅⚅⚅⚅⚅⚅⚂

¢hαρтєя 39

A/N: this is a filler vkook chapter, sorry if it's poorly done

A/N: this is a filler vkook chapter, sorry if it's poorly done. I haven't had much time to write lately, so once again, sorry.

"Jungkook! Get back here right now!" Taehyung demanded, but the little ignored his words. Since Yoongi and Jimin had left that morning, Jungkook slipped back into his headspace and started to act brattier than ever before. He was even acting up before Jimin and Yoongi left. The caregiver was having a hard time handling him.

"Hey-hey! You're gonna break it and hurt yourself!" Taehyung desperately yelled as Jungkook rummaged around his kitchen messily for food and plates, knocking down almost everything he touched. (On purpose).

And then, he took the box of animal crackers Taehyung had bought him and slammed it against the wall. The cardboard box opened and pieces of crackers flew around the room.

Taehyung had had enough.

The caregiver walked over to little Jungkook and seized him by the arm, dragging him to his room.

"I've had enough patience with you today! Honestly, what is up with-? Ow!" Taehyung squealed loudly when Jungkook bit down on his hand.

The older snatched his hand back and looked furiously at Jungkook, who simply 'hmph!'-ed and plopped down onto the pink carpet.

"Fine then. I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no other choice. Hold out your hand."

"Nu!" Jungkook refused, but under Taehyung's scary glare, he eventually gave in. He was scared of what his caregiver might do to punish him, but he wasn't gonna let Taehyung see it. Jungkook kept his angry expression on.

The little held out his hand and Taehyung used his own to slap it once, hard enough to leave the skin reddish for a few seconds. He knew it would've been more common to spank Jungkook, but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Plus, he was afraid the sight would drive him over the edge.

Sharing a bed with Jungkook every now and then was already painful enough for him. And holding him close was enough to make his heart beat faster. His feelings for the younger had not vanished over time.

The tears started to flow down Jungkook's face nonstop as he wailed loudly. Taehyung didn't like seeing him like this, but if he had to punish his little, then so be it.

"I-I ha-hate you!" Little Jungkook stomped his fists against the ground.

Taehyung sighed in exasperation before taking Jungkook and drawing him in, ignoring his protests. "Alright now, you're okay," he said while taking the younger's hand into his own. This calmed him down slightly, but he was still crying. "Do you really hate me?"

  Jungkook shook his head, not meeting Taehyung's eyes. "I'm sorry for hitting you, but you can't just start throwing tantrums like that without expecting consequences. You know I don't actually like punishing you, right?"

  The little nods, but he still won't speak. Nonetheless, Jungkook allows Taehyung to give him a side-hug. "Now, if Kookie cleans up his mess, Taehyungie won't give him any other punishments and we can watch as many cartoons as you want tonight."

  "B-but only us, right?" The little quietly asked as he hiccuped. 'Ca-cause TaeTae doesn't pay attention to Kookie if there are other people around."

  "Yeah, only the two of us." Taehyung smiled reassuringly.

  "And can we build a fort, too? Like a palace?" Added the little with excitement.

  "Sure, as long as you clean up your mess. But don't touch the broken plates, I don't want you getting any booboos. I'll clean up those."

Jungkook nodded and bolted up, still not letting go of Taehyung's hand. They made their way to the small (but pretty nice looking) kitchen and only then did Jungkook let go of his hand.

  The little crouched down and started to pick up the broken crackers one by one and Taehyung threw away the broken shards of glass and porcelain carefully, eyeing Jungkook every now and then.

  After everything was cleaned up, Jungkook tugged on his caregiver's sleeve to catch his attention. "I-I don' feel like watching cartoons anymore. Kookie wants TaeTae to read him stories."

  "Alright then, I'll read you as many stories as you want. Come on, let's go get the sheets and lights to build our fort. Can you bring pillows from your room?"

  Jungkook nodded with a smile and dashed to his room. A loud thud indicated Taehyung that his little had just fallen down, but it was soon followed by an "I'm okay!"

  The older male chuckled and went to fetch the blankets and fairy lights he wanted to use for their fort. After dragging some chairs from the kitchen and placing them on either side of the couch in the living room, he draped the soft white sheets over the structure and then placed the fairy lights around and over the "fort". (They worked with batteries).

  Only a few seconds later, Jungkook came running over with three pillows in his arms and two other being kicked forward by his feet. Taehyung smiled at the adorable sight and helped him place the pillows down on the floor.

  "What do you want me to read for you tonight, Sunshine? Umm, how about... 'The Gruffalo'?" Little Jungkook shook his head. "Too scary, huh? Then how about... a Mercy Watson marathon?" Now, to that Kookie nodded eagerly.  

  The older ruffled his hair lovingly and walked to Kookie's playroom to get the books. After a moment, he returned with the stack of books in hand and plopped down by his little's side. "Mr. Watson and Mrs. Watson have a pig named Mercy..."

  And so, the evening went on as the two snacked on whatever they could find in the kitchen, Taehyung reading out pages and pages of stories while the little admired the drawings and listened closely to every single word. Finally, after hours and hours of reading, the little fell asleep with his head on the caregiver's lap, who ran his hands carefully through the dark brown hair and softly hummed out lullabies.

  When the older thought Jungkook was so deeply asleep that he wouldn't be woken up even by his harshest movement, he removed his head from his lap carefully and laid it on one of the pillows. Just when he was about to get up, Jungkook groaned and held tightly onto his hand.

  "Don' leave..." he pleaded with a soft, groggy voice. Tae bent down and planted a kiss on his little's forehead. 

  "I'm sorry, but Kookie knows TaeTae has to work tomorrow, right? I need to go home and sleep early." And I also can't stand watching you be so cute, it makes me wanna kiss you, and it shouldn't.

  "Then sleep with Kookie," he then clung onto Taehyung's shirt and pulled him down so that their faces were barely a few inches apart. Jungkook's breath tickled Taehyung's face softly, they were so close the older thought his heart might stop. And when Jungkook nuzzled his face in the crook of his neck, Taehyung was sure he could've cried. He could've kissed him right there and then, kissed him until his lips were swollen.

  But he was sure Jungkook wouldn't have wanted it, that he would hate him for it.

  So all Taehyung did was whisper out a soft "Okay," and kissed the little's head, hoping he hadn't noticed the way his voice quivered.