I Will Find You

James POV

I have noticed Dusty wearing make up every day and I wonder what's going on. It's been 6 weeks since Dusty and Noah started dating. I'm so pissed off I should be the one whose holding Dusty and caring for him. Not that jackass.

I sit down in class then the teacher starts to speak. I fade out until she tells us to work on another classes homework. I walk up to her and ask "May I go to the restroom?"

She nods and gives me a pass. I head to the bathroom and enter a stall. After I finish my business I'm about to leave when someone comes in and stops at the sink. I walk out and see it's Dusty with a huge bruise on his throat. He pulls out make up and tries to cover it. He sees me in the mirror and pales. I ask him

"What the hell happened Dusty?" as I walk to him to try and expect the bruise. He swats my hand away and says

"Nothing I fell"

"Bullshit what happened?"

 "Nothing Why do you care?"

"Dusty I know what I did was wrong but I do care about you. I really do."

"Sure you only care that I figured you out."

"Dusty no I would freaking die for you I would do anything to see you smile and laugh and act like you used to. You've been of for 3 weeks Dusty. I would do anything to hold your hand. To kiss you again. To hold you in my arms again. To call you mine again. It pains me to see you like this and know that it's my fault."

He just shakes his head and puts on more make up. I nod and walk behind him and out the door. After school I head to Michaels house. When I walk in him and his boyfriend are snuggling on the couch watching t.v. I turn to leave when Michael says

"What's wrong bro?"

"I need your help."

"What did you do this time?" 

"Nothing it's about Dusty."

"You need to move on bro you broke his heart he most likely won't forgive you for that."

"I know but I...I...I think he's being abused."

Their faces drop and Michael says

"So what did you do about it?"

"I couldn't do anything I saw him putting make up on over a bruise on his throat when I asked him about it he said he fell." "And he's been wearing concealer in random places on his face neck and arms that aren't covered by a shirt."

"Damn"

"Have you told his parents?"

"No I don't know what to do"

"Go over to his place try and talk it out with him even if he doesn't talk then reassure him your there make sure he knows you won't stop until you figure out what's going on."

"Ok thanks Michael a lot"

"No problem"

I leave Michaels and head to Dusty's . When I knock on the door his dad answers when he sees it's me his face turns into a scowl and he crosses his arms flexing his muscles. 

"Look Mr. Montgomery I know you hate me but I need to talk to Dusty it's urgent."

 He stares me down for a minute then gives in and lets me inside. I run up to Dusty's room and knock. He says

"Come in"

"Look Dusty I know you don't want me here so I will say it short and sweet. I know someone is hitting you and I am here for you. I will not stop until I know who is hitting you."

"Whatever now get out"

I listen and leave debating if Noah is the reason behind all of this.