Figuring Things Out

Jason looks ready to kill and stands up heading to the door. I stop him by saying "Jason look I don't know you but Matt is my buddy and he is deathly terrified so before you go in you need to calm down." 

"Don't tell me what the hell to do he's my boyfriend I'll be beside his side whether you like it or not."

"Bro relax I'm not saying you can't I'm saying he's flipped out on every nurse and me. He's scared you going in looking like you're ready to kill someone isn't going to help. It may make him scared of you and trust me when Dusty woke up and flinched when I moved I was ready to kill a sumbitch. For the ones we care for we'll get blinded by emotions is all I'm saying."

"Oh.. Ok... I'm sorry for flipping out on you." Jason says while scratching the back of neck. I say "Now go be with your boyfriend."

He nods and Luke and Kota get up and go with him. When the door closes I sit on the foot of the bed. Dusty says "I'm sorr...." and I cut him off by kissing him not hard or rough like other people but soft and slow, passionate and gentle. He kisses back and then we pull apart.

"Will you go out with me?" Dusty asks. All I could think about is what would happen if anyone found out especially my parents. We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before Dusty says

"Oh ok I get it you like me but not enough to date..."

"Dusty"

"No it's ok"

"Dusty"

"It's ok you don't have to go out..."

"Dusty shut up. I want to go out with you but I don't know if I can. It's not you Dusty it's my parents my friends everyone. I'm scared"

"Why do you care what they think?"

"Because my parents are always at work so there never home and having even if they are fake friends makes me feel like I'm loved. And I haven't figured all of this out it's all new to me and I don't want to end up hurting you again."

"Look James I get it. Here how about this we can go on a date somewhere out of town and we can take it slow. I don't mind. James I want to help you okay I really like you and I want to help you figure this out."

"Okay but look I'm sorry if it's awkward this is just all new and confusing."

"Hey James it's okay I felt the same way."