Rise N' Shine

I wake up and see Dusty  still in his bed in what looked like and uncomfortable position but now Jason, Luke, and Kota were here. I sit up and Jason notices  he glares at me then Luke says

"what did you do to him you son of a bitch?"

"Nothing  I was at a party and hear someone crying and screaming so I went in and found Noah hitting him and trying to rape him." I say as I look down again to Dusty. Luke sighs and says

"Sorry dude any information on his case?"  "Not yet"

Kota pipes in and says "What exactly happened between you two? How did we end up here?"

"Well it all started when Dusty started tutoring me. I started feeling weird inside like butterflies. But me being raised by homophobic parents I pushed the thoughts away and denied it. Well the feeling wouldn't stop so I asked questions to Dusty after tutoring just random so he wouldn't suspect. Then my "Friend" Matt told me I should get him to kiss me and hang out with me then embarrass him. I never really was going to do it I just used it as an excuse to hang out with Dusty without suspicion. My "Friend" Matt blew it by asking me at a party when I was going to embarrass him and Dusty overheard. He hated me then the new kid came along and they got together. Dusty started wearing make up and I knew something was up but Dusty wouldn't let me help so I went to the party to wallow in alcohol."

"Damn. So why did you not want to embarrass him?"

"As I started hanging out with him my feelings just developed more and more and I genuinely started accepting the fact I may be gay but now Dusty hates me because I was too much of a punk to just talk to him directly."

"Dang man.." Jason starts to say as a nurse comes in. She des her thing than says "He's still comatose so try talking to him encourage him to wake up."

"Thank you" I say and she smiles and leaves.

2 weeks later

"Come on Dusty it's been two weeks I'm going crazy." I say for the millionth time today. It's been two weeks and I miss him.

His dad comes in and says "Kid go home get some sleep eat you look like shit"

The tears start flowing as I choke out through the sobs "I can't it's my fault he's here. I need to stay."

He grabs me and pulls me into fatherly style hug I haven't felt in a long time and I sink into it. He holds me and then says "Kid it's not your fault I promise..."

"How can you like me?"

"What do you mean you obviously care about my son why would I hate you?"

"Because I'm disgusting I used to bully your son. I'm a horrible person it's my fault he went to that jackass. It's my fault I couldn't protect him."

"Son breathe you did some bad things but everyone does. Look by the way you are sobbing on the floor n the middle of his hospital room while he's in a coma blaming yourself proves how much you care for him. I know you did some shitty things but you can make it up to him."

"He'll hate me when he wakes up."

"No I don't" I hear a scratchy voice say. I look over and see Dusty awake.

"I don't hate you I was mad at you but I've heard everything you've said in here and I know it's not your fault you tried to get me to understand and I was an ass. If it's anyone's fault it's mine."