Chapter 3: Amazing

Claire's P.O.V.

Braden just left to go unpack, apparently his plane landed and then he immediately came here. I still can't believe he's here. And will be. It's not just a visit that will end. He lives here now. After all we've been through, we are still together. I go downstairs and see my mom on the couch reading her book, in front of the big window.

"Hey mom." I say smiling.

"Hey sweetie." She says without looking up from her book.

"We don't have dinner plans right?" I ask.

"Nope. You and Braden can do whatever you want." My mom says without looking up.

"Thank you thank you thank you." I say smiling. I hear a knock on the front door.

"Can you get that?" my mom asks.

"Yeah." I say as I turn around and walk to the front door. I have to walk past the bar, up one step, and open the door. I see Braden standing right in front of me. He's slouching a little, he's putting more pressure on one foot, and his eyes are drooping just a little.

"Hey." He says normally.

"Hey. What happened to you?" I ask.

"Why do you automatically assume something happened?" he asks.

"Force of habit." I say innocently while shrugging my shoulders.

"But I do have a problem." He says normally.

"What's your problem? Is it serious?" I ask worriedly.

"It's serious." He says leaning up against the doorway.

"Oh my god, are you hurt?" I ask going to touch to touch his hand, but I hesitate because if he is hurt, I don't want to hurt him worse.

"No." He says straightening out his body and voice.

"Don't do that. You know that scares me." I say smacking him in the chest.

"Well now I'm hurt." He says sarcastically covering his chest where I hit it and he bends over clutching his chest.

"What's your problem?" I ask.

"I was away from you for too long." He says smiling and standing up straight. A smile is forces across my face and so does a small laugh.

"Braden, it's been like 5 minutes." I say leaning up against the door way.

"Four and a half minutes too many." He says.

"You're sweet, but you need to unpack and get settled." I say crossing my legs against the door.

"Settled." He says pulling me outside by my rib cage. It surprises me and I fall over, but I catch myself with Braden's shoulders. I look up into his eyes and he leans down and kisses me. Gentle, but hard, soft, but firm. The perfect kiss. I move my hands to his shoulders as he keeps his hands on my rib cage. He leans forward and I bend my back backwards just a little so he doesn't have to be in an awkward position. After a few minutes I pull back.

"There. You had your kiss. Now go unpack." I say.

"I don't wanna unpack! I wanna be with you." He says whining and letting me get back into a normal position.

"Stop whining. I'll see you for dinner tonight, ok?" I say.

"Ok." He says puffing and dropping his head. I lift his chin and smile.

"I think you will survive a few hours." I say.

"I'm pretty sure I'll die." He says sarcastically.