Chapter 33: I Love The Way She...

Braden's P.O.V. (The next day)

I jolt awake when I hear an explosion. I look around and everything seems okay. Oh, it was just the TV. I must have fallen asleep. I turn the TV off.

I've been sleeping on the couch for two days, and it's starting to kill my back. I stand up and grab my shoes that are down by the couch. I go to walk upstairs but I see Claire asleep on the couch. Her head is resting on the arm rest, her arms pulled to her body as well as her legs.

I can't leave her down here, but I can't sleep down here again. If I pick her up, she'll wake up. I'll just wake her up and carry her upstairs.

I kneel down beside her and gently shake her shoulder.

"Claire." I whisper.

She opens her eyes and begins to sit up.

"Are you okay?" She asks as she pushes her hair out of her face.

"I'm fine. Do you want to go upstairs?" I ask, leaving my hand on her shoulder.

"Um sure." She says, sitting up all the way. She stands up, pushes her hair out of her face again, and yawns.

"Here." I say as I bend down a little and swoop her up. One arm under her knees, the other supporting her back. She lets out a small giggle and nuzzles into my chest. I start towards the stairs, and up. About half way up, Claire goes limp in my arms. She must have fallen asleep. I smile at her relaxed face and continue up the stairs.

I make it up the stairs and to my room. I kick the door closed gently, and go set Claire gently down on my bed. She snuggles into the pillow and balls herself up, I quietly chuckle and pull the blanket up and rest it on her shoulder.

I can literally smell myself, I have got to take a shower. I go into my bathroom and close the door. I turn the water on, quickly take my nasty clothes off, and jump in the shower. The warm water soothes my aching muscles. I wash the alcohol smell off of me.

I can't believe I got drunk. I swore to myself that I wouldn't drink. I only did it because I needed a way to escape the guilt of lying to Claire. But, she was so understanding and supportive.

She's amazing. And she's mine.

I wash my hair and body twice, and now I don't smell like beer. I turn the water off and grab the towel off the hook. I dry off and realize I didn't bring new clothes in with me. I wrap the towel around my waist and open the door.

I wonder what Claire would think if she saw me walk out in only a towel? I ask myself as I smirk.

Cold air rushes against me and I shiver. I walk to my closet and find underwear, shorts, and a crappy shirt. I walk out of my closet and take my towel back to the bathroom. I hang the towel on the hook , and go back out to Claire. I carefully climb into the bed, sliding under the blankets. Claire scoots over and lays her head on my left shoulder, and I wrap my arm around her and set my hand on her waist.

"You smell good." She whispers.

"Thanks." I say with a smile. She re positions her head on my shoulder. I smile and rest my head on top of hers as I lightly stroke her waist with my thumb.

"I love you." She whispers, and I can tell she's about to fall back asleep.

"I love you too." I whisper into the top of her head. Her breaths even out and her body relaxes.

I continue to stroke her waist until I fall asleep.

***in the morning***

I turn on my side, my arm still under Claire, and I wrap my other arm around her, pulling her body to mine. She's now face to face with me. More like face to neck with me. Her breaths are warm and even against my neck, and I gently stroke her shoulder, but my eyes are closed the whole time.