Chapter 5: The Challenge

Claire's P.O.V.

I walk out of school with Braden's left arm over my shoulders and my right arm around his waist. He walks me to my car and I drop off my backpack before turning around to face him. I lean back against my car and Braden leans into me. I lean my head up and kiss him before he can kiss me. He puts his hands on my ribs and I put my arms on his shoulders. Our lips move in sync as I am pressed against my car. I can feel the stares from other people, but I don't care. I just want to be like this forever, with him.

"Are you serious? You have to do this here?" Jake asks. I pull back from Braden and turn my head around and see Jake standing on the other side of my car with his arms on the top.

"Shut up, Jake." I say.

"I just want to go home." Jake whines.

"Ok, I'll take you. Just hold on a second." I say before turning around to face Braden again.

"I'm gonna take him home." I say.

"Wanna come over afterwards?" he asks.

"I actually have a challenge for you." I say.

"I accept your challenge." He says.

"So you're going to do it?" I ask.

"Sure. I'm always up for a challenge." He says.

"I want to see if you can go the rest of the day without seeing or talking to me." I say. And when I say that his eyes widen and his jaw drops.

"I'm not doing that." He says.

"Ah, so you aren't up for a challenge." I say.

"I'm always up for a challenge, just not that challenge." He says nodding his head.

"I just don't think you can do it." I say smirking.

"I can, I just don't want to." He says.

"Prove it." I say.

"Fine. What do I get if I do it?" he asks.

"Me. Whenever and wherever." I say.

"Not seeing you for 9 hours? And then getting you whenever. Worth it." He says.

"Fine. Starting now, no seeing or talking to each other for the rest of the day. Oh, and don't call me at midnight. We have to wait until school to see each other." I say.

"Pause! I have a question." Braden says.

"And that is?" I ask.

"What if it's an emergency?" Braden asks.

"If it's a life threatening emergency, then yes. We can call each other." I say.

"And one more, what do I get if I don't do it?" he asks.

"I don't know. Uumm...ah hah! No kissing for 24 hours!" I say and he his eyes widen again.

"Ok, I'm gonna have to do this." He says.

"Bye! See you tomorrow!" I wave. He lets go of me reluctantly and walks to his car. I turn around to Jake and see his eyebrows raised, and the corners of his lips angled down.

"What?" I ask.

"Seriously?" he asks.

"Seriously. Come on." I say getting into my car. And the drive home is silent.

***home (a few hours later)***

I actually did my homework today! Which is good, because I wasn't really doing it. But I did all of it today. Now that I'm free I can call-wait! No you can't! Well I'll just call-nope! She has dance. What about-no! She has orchestra. Oh, I know I'll call-nah. She has swim team. Well now I'm bored.