Chapter 15: That's it

Claire's P.O.V. (5 days later)

It's been 5 days, the hospital just said they're keeping me for observation, but I can go home today. I can walk, do whatever I want, I just can't leave. I've been fine lately, no headaches, nothing. They don't know what caused the headache, but if I get one again, I come to the hospital. Well, I've been fine lately in the medical field, Braden hasn't visited me since the first day. I feel horrible about what I said to him. I didn't even mean it.

"Ready, sweetie?" my mom asks.

"Yeah." I say sadly as I stand up from the bed.

***home***

We pull into our driveway, and I see Braden mowing the lawn two houses down. He's wearing low waisted jeans, tan hiking boots, and no shirt. The low jeans show off his v line, and pushing the mower shows off his muscles. The sun bounces off of his sweaty skin as he breathes really heavy, and his earbud chord sways back and forth as he walks.

"You can go see him if you want." My mom says.

"He-He doesn't want to see me." I say while shaking my head slightly.

"I doubt that." She says. I unbuckle and step out of the car. My mom does the same and runs to me and stops me before I can take a step.

"Mom, stop. He doesn't want to see me, let it go." I say pushing her hand off of my shoulder.

"He has always-" my mom says before I cut her off.

"Do you know why he left?" I ask putting my right hand on my hip.

"No." She says.

"He left because he didn't want to be around me. He left because I blamed him for everything that's happened, and I didn't mean it. He left because...he doesn't care about me." I say.

"I know he cares about you. Just go talk to him." She says.

"No! Why would I go talk to him if he doesn't care? It would be a waste of my time! He wouldn't listen, he wouldn't look at me!" I yell.

"Sweetie, he loves you. There is no doubt in my mind that he loves you, he would do anything for you, and one you saying one thing wouldn't change that." My mom says.

"You didn't see his face. You didn't see how quickly he wanted to get away from me. Mom, it's over with us, and you know why? Me. I ruined it, I was an idiot." I say dropping my head.

"I've seen the way you two look at each other, there is nothing-" she says before I cut her off.

"Why is it harder for you to accept that it's over than me? I just, need to be alone." I say pushing past her.

I walk inside and completely ignore my dad as I walk to my room. I close the door and sit on my bed. There is so much I want to say to Braden. There is so much he needs to know. He needs to know that I don't blame him, that I-wait! I need to tell him this, not just sit here and think about it-wait! He doesn't want to see me, but I want to see him so bad.

"Claire!" My mom yells in a panicked voice.

"What?" I ask opening my door.

"I'm going to work, can you lock the door behind me?" she asks.

"Sure." I say shrugging, I don't know why she sounded so panicked. I go downstairs and I step outside and still hear the lawn mower. My mom drives off and I step back inside and close the door. I go into the kitchen, and Jake comes running in the back door. He's sweaty and out of breath.

"I-I...was running...and I ran past..." He says.

"Jake, just spit it out, I'm really not in the mood." I say.