Chapter 24: The House

Above is the lake house they are going to! Okay, now back to the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Claire's P.O.V. (One week later)

Today Braden and I are going up to his lake house. I went back to school last week, and now it's winter break. So we will be up at the lake house for a few days, and I can't wait! Braden said he was going to pick me up at 10:00, and we will spend the majority of the day there. Apparently it's only like an hour drive up there from here. I also got Braden the best birthday present, but I can't top anything he's gotten for me. I tried to, but I couldn't. Everything he has done for me has been so amazing, but I'm going to try and do something incredible for him this week.

Right now it's 9:00 and I lug my duffle bag down the stairs. It's winter break and we are going to a lake, so I only brought one swimsuit, even though I highly doubt I'll even use it. I have just the necessities in my bag, clothes, pajamas, and no make up! I set my bag down by the foot of the stairs and go to the living room and sit down. And await Braden's arrival.

***10:00***

I hear a knock at the door and spring up from my seat, knowing Braden is here. I run to the front door and open it with a smile. My eyes are met by Braden's beautiful blue ones. He is wearing blue jeans, and a black t shirt. His hair is spiked in the front and his cheeks and nose are red from the harsh cold. I also can't help but notice a smile on his face spreading from ear to ear.

"Hey beautiful." He says with confidence. I look down at my outfit, I'm wearing black yoga pants, a blue North Carolina hoodie, my brown boots, and my hair is in a messy bun. I look back up at him and give him a "really?" look. "I don't care what you wear, or what you look like, you will always be the most beautiful girl I have ever seen." He says.

"Thanks." I say as I blush, smile, and laugh.

"You ready?" He asks.

"Just let me grab my bag." I say as I turn around, but right as I do Braden grabs my left arm. I whip myself back around to face him and he grabs my waist with his strong hands. His warm lips warm my body just as quickly as the winter air cools it down. His cold nose and cheek press against mine, but that doesn't bother me. His hands stay on my waist as he passionately kisses me. I move my hands to his neck. We both eventually pull back at the same time.

"Now let me get my bag." I say, with my face inches from his.

"I'll get it." He says.

"I'll get it, I have to say bye to my family anyway." I say.

"I'll be right here." He says. I lean in and kiss his cheek, and it's absolutely freezing. "Oh my god, you're freezing! Come inside." I say, taking my hands off his neck and I grab his hand and pull him inside. I walk into the kitchen and say goodbye to my mom.

"Have fun sweetie!" She says. I walk over and hug her. I walk back and see Braden with my bag slung over his shoulder.

"Let's go." I say. He smiles and so do I.

"Okay." He says. He leads me out the front door and out to the car. He pops the trunk and places my bag in the back. I go to the passenger side and get in the car. The leather seats manage to hold the cold from outside, and I put my hands in the front pocket of my hoodie. Braden gets into the car and starts it, cranking the heat as well. He pulls out of my driveway and continues on the route to the house. I stare at him as he drives.

His vibrant eyes are locked to the road, his rounded nose flares every few seconds, and his skinny cheeks are still red. A small smile forms across my face as I lean my head against the window to my right, but my head still turned to see him. The soothing sound of the tires against the pavement eventually lulls me to sleep.