Chapter 19: A week?

Braden's P.O.V.

"Claire, stay with me, eyes right here." I say to Claire. She's in the middle of the floor, bleeding out. My right hand is on her stomach, and my left is holding the phone to my head. I'm trying to keep Claire awake, she's bleeding really bad, if she were to pass out she might not wake up.

"Has she fainted?" the operator asks.

"No, but she's about to. What do I do?" I ask.

"Keep her awake. We are sending help right now." The operator says.

"Claire, look at me. Do not fall asleep, stay with me, eyes right here. Claire, I know how much this hurts, and I know how bad you just want to close your eyes and give up, but you're stronger than that. There are so many people who need you here, you are not gonna die on me, okay?" I say. Her eyes look at me lazily and she lets out a deep breath and closes her eyes. "Claire!" I scream. Her face looks a little pale and I look down at her stomach and there is blood everywhere. All over my hands and shirt that is on her stomach. I still see Cindy just standing, looking down at us.

"Are you kidding me right now?" I ask her.

"I-I've never seen-" she stutters before I cut her off.

"This is all your fault. You ripped her in here and did this. This is the first time you've ever seen someone like this? This is exactly what I've been through when my parents beat me! She's the one who's had to deal with it, she was the one who was awake, wondering whether or not I would live! Now I am sitting here, trying to stop her bleeding and you're just standing there!" I scream at her. She looks shocked, and I roll my eyes and look down at Claire's pale face. Is this really what she had to go through when I was beaten? I hope not. This is the worst feeling. My Claire could die right here if the paramedics don't get here on time.

"Braden, I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do?" she asks.

"Get towels, a blanket, and get me a new shirt. Now!" I yell. She nods and runs into another room. I push down on Claire's stomach, not a lot, but enough to hopefully slow down the bleeding."Claire! Please! You can't die!" I yell at her as tears slip down my face. Cindy comes back with a green towel, blue blanket, and a black shirt for me. I take my old shirt off of Claire's stomach, and put the towel over her stomach. I then put the blanket over her body to keep her warm. Claire's face is pale and her breathing is very minimal.

"Braden they're here!" Cindy yells. I turn my head to face the door. Medics come running in with bags and stethoscopes and worried faces.

"What happened?" they ask.

"She fell, I think her stitches opened up again. She's bleeding really bad." I say. The medics nod and take the blanket and towel off of Claire's pale body. I don't see Claire's stomach rising or falling. My heart pounds and I freak out. "Help her! Please! Help her!" I yell.

"We need to get her back to the hospital." One of the medics says.

"Alex! Bring the gurney!" The other medic says. Alex comes running in with a gurney and the three of them gently lift Claire up and set her down. They then wrap a blanket around her and take her out of my house. I slowly stand up and look at the ground. There's a pool of blood in the middle of the floor and my hands are red. Cindy places the shirt on my shoulder and gestures with her head for me to go with the medics. I run out.

"Wait! I'm coming too." I say, while jumping into the ambulance. They don't object, they push Claire into the ambulance and they close the doors. I sit on a small stool, and Claire's head is in front of me. The medics strap an oxygen mask on Claire's face. I hear the sirens come on and we move.