XII

A few months had passed since Criss's release from the hospital even thou he said he was fine JD and Costa kept a close eye on Criss especially when he was around Johnny

A few months had passed since Criss's release from the hospital even thou he said he was fine JD and Costa kept a close eye on Criss especially when he was around Johnny.  Josephine noticed how attached Johnny had become with his uncle Criss.  She also noticed how being around Johnny kind of made Criss happy.  At her studio Josephine was finishing up a few things when Criss came in with Johnny. 

"We home"Johnny called out.  She walked over as Criss helped Johnny take off his coat and shoes.  "Did you guys have fun at the park?".  "Uncie did magic for people" Johnny stated as Criss snickered.  "Why don't you go upstairs and watch some TV while I talk to your uncle".  Johnny waved g
ood bye to Criss and went upstairs.  "I got to say Josephine that kid is amazing" Criss remarked.  "I've also noticed how attached he's been to you especially".

"Even thou I was in a bad place when I met him but I got to know him and his personality Johnny kind of dug me out of my dark hole" Criss remarked with a smile  "Criss I've been thinking a lot about Johnny and what would happen if god forbid something happens to me and with his father in jail I was wondering how you would feel about taking care of Johnny if I die unexpectly". 

"You mean like his guardian?".  "Yea I know Costa isn't ready to be a parent and JD has enough on his plate with Dimitra and his wife.  It seems Johnny has become attached to you".  "May I think about it?".  "Not too long please"she stated.  "I'll see you later and call us if you need help with the flash" Criss remarked.  Josephine chuckled as Criss left.  At his work Criss was thinking as his mother walked in.  "Christopher"she called out.  Criss looked up and saw his mother. 

"Sorry mom just got lost in thought" he replied.  "About what Christopher?" she inquired sitting down.  "I was talking with Josephine today and she asked me if I want to be her son's guardian if god forbid she dies" Criss stated. "She should let his father do that"Dimitra suggested.  "Mom the reason Josephine has custody of her son is that his father took Johnny with him when he robbed a jewelry store"Criss explained. 

At least he didn't the child home alone" she said.  "MOM!" Criss remarked at what his mother said.  "Sorry I shouldn't of said that.  Why you and not JD or Costa?".  "It seems Johnny loves hanging around with me and I love hanging around with my nephew" Criss stated.  "Christopher I don't think you should say yes to this after everything you've been through".  "Mom I'm in therapy and on antidepressants so stop worrying" Criss stated.  "I'm your mother it's my job to worry" she replied.

"How about this I'll talk to my therapist and see what he thinks about this if that would make you happy?"Criss asked.  "I'd like that Christopher" she said.  Criss went over to his mother and gave her a kiss than a hug.  "Come on I'll treat you to dinner" and they left.