XVII

A few days passed and Johnny was doing good which made the guys happy.  At the house Johnny was outside swinging as Criss pushed him.  "This is cute I wish I had a camera"JD remarked coming over.  "Uncie"Johnny called out.  "Come on buddy it's time for lunch".  Criss helped Johnny out and they went into the house. 

"Want a sandwich JD" Criss asked as JD helped Johnny into a chair.  "No thanks just had lunch with Lynn".  "Here we go Johnny PB&J with the crust cut off with a cup of milk".  "Yummy"he stated.  "I got the result back on-" as he pointed his eyes to Johnny.  "Johnny we're going to be over here talking remember no big bites" and they sat down. 

"So what did Josephine die of?" Criss asked.  "Aortic Aneurysm during the night it must of ruptured when she was sleeping" JD remarked.  "The Sarantakos heart ailment strikes again"Criss said.  "At least she had family to take care of her and Johnny".  "I forgot to tell you mom showed up the day of Josephine's funeral" Criss remarked.  "One of her many surprise visits how did she reacted that you are now taking care of Josephine's son" he asked. 

"She wasn't happy and I don't blame her but it was my decision and I'm happy I did" Criss replied.  "Down please" Johnny called out.  Criss helped Johnny down and wiped his mouth.  "Why don't you go wash your hands and we'll go to the aquarium to see the fishes".  Johnny shuffled off to the bathroom as JD smiled. 

When JD got back home his mother was there.  "Mom what are you doing here?".  "I came to ask for your help with something.  I want to deem your brother unfit to raise that child" she replied.  "What you want Criss deemed unfit to raise Johnny mom I can't believe I'm saying this but are you insane.  Criss is doing a wonderful job with Johnny".  "That child should be with his father" she replied. 

"Mom the guy is in jail and the courts would have to be insane to give that child back to his father who took him to a robbery that's child endangerment to say the least" JD remarked.  "I've petition the courts to take a good look at your brother since he tried to kill himself" she stated.  "So you're going to use Criss's mental health against him mom that's insane"JD said. 

"So are you going to help me?".  "No mom I'm not going to do this and I know Costa won't either" JD replied.  His mother took her purse and left.  That night Criss had put Johnny to bed when a knock came to the door.  Criss got up and went to the door.  He opened it and see a lady and a cop there.  "May I help you?". 

"Shirley Weir child services we're here to take custody of the minor Johnny".  "Why I've done nothing to hurt or harmed that child" Criss stated.  "No your mental health has come into questions so until we can get to the bottom of it that child will be put into foster care".  Criss took a breath.  "Let me get him" and walked upstairs as case worker followed him.  In Johnny's room Criss woke up Johnny. 

He woke up and asked what's wrong.  "Johnny something's happened so until this is all figured out you have to go with this lady".  "You come too?".  "I wish I could Johnny but it's only for a little while so don't be scared ok".  Johnny went over to Criss and gave him a hug.  "No go me stay here" as tears fell down his face.  "I know but it's only for a little bit so don't worry I'm right here and so your mother" pointing to his heart.  Johnny grabbed his teddy bear and went with the lady.  Inside Criss's heart was breaking as he watched the lady take Johnny.