XVI

At his home Criss is getting ready for Josephine's funeral as he did his tie Johnny walked in

At his home Criss is getting ready for Josephine's funeral as he did his tie Johnny walked in.  "Help?" he asked pointing to his shoe.  "I guess you haven't learned to tie your shoes yet I'll teach yea soon"Criss replied.  Criss looked into Johnny's eyes and saw the sadness he had. 

"Come here Johnny I know you're too young to understand death but your mommy is in a better place and before she went there mommy made sure you were taking care of".  "Miss her" Johnny said hugging his teddy bear tight.  "We all do Johnny but your uncles are here to help you if you need us all right". 

Johnny nodded as Criss heard the door open.  He took Johnny's hand and came out to see JD and Costa.  "I swear you two almost look like twins"JD remarked.  Johnny gave a little smile.  "Come on little one let's go". Criss grabbed a coat and they left.  While they were at the funeral Dimitra had arrived for a surprise visit but she tried to call her sons but none of them answered. 

"That's strange maybe they're in a meeting or they have their phones off"she thought as she grabbed a taxi.  As the funeral ended Criss was getting into the car with Johnny who was asleep on his shoulder.  "Criss Rose told us she set up a cocktail thing for after the funeral we're going to go".  "Not me I'm going to bring this guy home he's had a rough couple of days" Criss remarked locking him into his car seat. 

"OK we'll stop by later to check up on Johnny and you".  They closed the door and left.  When Criss arrived at the house Johnny was still asleep so he opened the door and brought Johnny to his room.  He took off his shoes, his clothes and put him in one of his shirts that Johnny loved to wear to bed.  Criss gave him a kiss and left the room to change himself.

After Criss changed he came downstairs to see his mother sitting on the couch.  "Mom what are you doing here?" surprised to see her.  "I came for one of my surprise visit I tried calling you and your brothers but nobody answered".  "I left my phone here" he replied wiping his eyes.  "Your eyes are so blood shot allergies brothering you?" she asked getting up.  "I just came back from a funeral mom" Criss admitted getting a drink. 

"I'm so sorry to hear that who died someone from your team?".  "Mom Josephine passed away a couple of days ago" Criss replied  "Your father's love child that's good now that she's out of our lives" she replied.  "Mom she'll never be out of my life or JD or Costa".  "What do you mean Christopher don't tell you guys got close to her". 

"We did mom remember that conversation we had about me being Johnny's guardian  I accepted it so unless otherwise Johnny's my responsibility now" Criss replied.  "Christopher I can't believe you did that" she stated surprised.  "Mom we were there for Josephine and we grew to love Johnny as you love us and little D.  Johnny's the same way he loves spending time with his uncles including me and little D enjoys babysitting him when Josephine needed to work late or have a bit of time to herself"Criss explained. 

"Did she go insane like her mother?".  "No she died in her sleep JD wanted an autopsy done before he cashed in her life insurance".  "What are you going to do with it split it three ways between you and your brothers?".  "No mom I'm going to take half of it and put in an account for Johnny and I'm going to invest the rest for Johnny's future like if he wants to go to college or gets accepted to a great college"Criss replied. 

"Well I think you and your brothers have made a bad decision".  "MOMMY!!"a voice yelled.  "Excuse me" and Criss went up stairs to Johnny's room.  "It's OK Johnny I know you want your mommy back and I wish I could bring her back to you but I can't" as he hugged Johnny as he cried for his mother.  After Criss calmed down Johnny he noticed his mother had left.