XVIII

The next day Criss was at his house on the phone as Costa and JD came in.  "Thanks I'll call you back later" and hung up.  When Criss saw his brother he got up and asked angrily which one had his mental health called into question.  "It wasn't us Criss it was mom she even asked me for help to make seem unfit to handle Johnny" JD replied.  Criss was in shock and sat down.  "Mom is deeming me unfit to care for a child". 

"Criss we know you're mentally sound to care for Johnny and we'll testify to that"JD stated.  "Thanks guys".  A knock came to the door so the guys got up and at the door was Ms. Weir.  "Ms Weir what are you doing here?" Criss asked.  "I wanted to talk to you are these your brothers" she inquired.  "Yes please come in".  As they sat down Criss asked Ms. Weir if she wanted a drink.  "No thank you now Christopher from what I've been told the child Johnny is your nephew".  "Yes his mother put in her will that if she died I'm suppose to take care of Johnny" Criss replied.

"But why you Christopher you're the bachelor of the family why did she want you to take care of Johnny?".  "When Josephine got custody of her son Johnny seemed to bond with Criss the most" Costa  replied.  "Now where is the child's father?".  "Jail he robbed a jewelry store and brought the minor, his son with him to boot"JD stated.  "Christopher who watches Johnny when you're at work or performing". 

"My brothers or my niece and if they are busy I'll change my schedule around"Criss replied.  "I noticed you have a pool outside do you have security for the child if he wants to go outside".  "The doors are programed to lock and if Johnny wants to play outside somebody is outside watching him" Criss stated.  "What about if Johnny wants to swim?".  "I make sure I'm either in the water with him or watching him.  Since Johnny doesn't know how to swim we put floaters on him until he can swim with out them" Criss replied.  "Do you mind if I take a look at Johnny's room?". 

They went upstairs as she looked around.  "And where's your room?".  "Three doors down I leave it open a bit so I can hear if Johnny starts to cry or he comes to my room" Criss replied.  "Does he sleep with you?".  "At first when his mother passed he kept having nightmares so I let Johnny sleep with me until Johnny stopped having nightmares" Criss replied.  "I love the fish tank with a night light to boot". 

"Yea Johnny had one at his mother's home so I had one installed so he could bring them here" Criss replied.  "Well if I have any questions I'll give you a call" and she left.  A few days passed and Criss went to court with his brothers by his side.