XVIIII

Criss's trying his best to keep his cool even thou he was boiling inside for what his mother is doing

Criss's trying his best to keep his cool even thou he was boiling inside for what his mother is doing.  "This case is for the mental health of one Christopher Sarantakos  and if he can take care of two year old Johnny Bergan".  "Your honor my client does admit that he had some problems with his mental health but he is getting help for it and is on antidepressant".  "What about his two suicide attempts your honor this man shouldn't be taking care of a child". 

"I'd like to hear from the social worker Mrs. Weir" the judge remarked.  The social worker came up.  "Now Mrs. Weir tell me about your walk through of Mr. Sarantakos's house".  "I have to say I'm impressed with what he did.  Any room that Criss deems is a place Johnny shouldn't be in he locks it up.  The child has his own room that Criss has made very comfortable for Johnny even let him bring some fish into his house and had a fish tank installed in the child's room that doubles as a night light".

"What about his work schedule who watches the child?".  "His brothers or his niece but if something happens that nobody can watch the child he changes his schedule around so someone is there for Johnny"she replied.  The other lawyer came up.  "I know that in Criss's house he has a pool does Criss let him swim by himself". 

"No he makes sure someone is watching Johnny and all the door have an automatic lock to them so Johnny can't snick out and get into trouble or worse drown in the pool" she replied.  "What about Criss's animals I know he has a couple of dogs at his home".  "The dogs adore him Criss has told me that one of his dog I think its name is Oso misses Johnny Criss always find him underneath the child's bed whimpering for his 'friend' to come home".

After everyone went up the judge was about to rule when Criss stood up and asked to be heard.  His lawyer thought it was a bad idea but Criss wanted too.  The judge agreed and Criss went up to the stand.  Criss took a breath and sat down.  "I know that this case has to do with my mental health and I understand but I was asked by Johnny's mother to watch over her son.  She didn't care about my mental health she saw how much her son loved me and how much I loved him.  I always want to be a father and I want to be that to Johnny even thou he's my nephew," Criss remarked. 

"I have been put on antidepressants and seeing a therapist to deal with my issues.  Please judge I miss Johnny every much and I can feel in heart and mind that he misses me too" Criss replied and sat down.  "We're going to take a short recess and I'll come back with my decision". Down in café Criss was nursing a drink as his brother just sat there with him.  "Why don't you have something to eat Criss".  "I don't have an appetite I'm just scared that Johnny is going to raised in the foster care system" Criss replied.  "Criss if they think you're not mentally healthy to take care of Johnny I'll step up"Costa stated. 

"Lynn and I were talking about it and we'd bring Johnny into our home too"JD added.  "The house is so quiet without hearing Johnny laughter or having fun with me or the dogs".  "Don't worry Criss you'll find a woman to have kids with"JD stated.  "I don't think so I decided to get checked out for that and they found out I'm shoot blanks" Criss replied wiping the tears from his face. 

The guys didn't know what to say.  "I'm going to get some air" and left.  As Criss sat outside he watched the kids playing at the day care.  Criss sighed as he sat back.  Back in the court house JD and Costa were waiting as his mother came in.  "I can't believe you actually did it mom" JD remarked.  "Yea mom this is mean and hurtful towards Criss".  "I know he's angry but he'll become a father when he finds a woman to marry" she replied. 

"Mom Criss can't give a woman a child Johnny is the only child Criss maybe a father towards" Costa stated.  As Criss walked in thoughts in his head like him never seeing Johnny again nor being a father to his own child  made Criss hope the judge gave Johnny back to him.  He opened the court room doors and the judge was there with Ms. Weir and nobody else. 

"What's going on am I early?"Criss inquired.  "Criss we have good news the charges were dropped and Johnny is going to be returned into your custody" The judge stated.  Criss felt a wave of joy hit him.  "Where is Johnny?" he asked.  The judge took him to his chambers where Johnny was coloring when he looked up and saw Criss he threw his book to the floor than ran right into his arms.  "I missed you"he said.  "I did too buddy I did too" as tears fell from Criss's face.  "Go home now!" Johnny asked.  "We're going home buddy" as Johnny smiled.