The Lady In My Life - Chapter 1

At home

Michael let out a soft sigh while he fell on his bed to lay down. It has been a long day. He went to the studio to record some songs that he has been working on lately.

Suddenly his brother Jermaine came into his room. Michael grinned when he looked at his face. Jermaine looked very excited.
"Michael, you have to come with me.", Jermaine said, while he was tapping his fingers on the wooden door.
Michael frowned. His brother was acting so unclear. "To where?", he asked, while he looked at his older brother. "I'm going to a club with a girl I met, and she wants you to come too. "

Michael sighed again. He didn't liked going to clubs. He wasn't that outgoing. He and his older brother would get recognized immediately and all the girls would act like groupies.

"You know how I think about going out, Jermaine.", Michael told him with a softer voice.
"For sure, but she's taking a friend with her. Like a girlfriend, you know. This is your change to finally get your love life going."

Michael seemed insulted. Get his love life going? He really wasn't thinking about having a love life at the moment. The music was what kept him busy in life. He didn't really needed a girlfriend to keep him happy or satisfied. Michael really was different than his brothers. He actually never had a girlfriend or even experienced love before. He was just a really shy guy, and wasn't thinking about such things.
Of course there were a lot of girls that wanted him, and that gave him attention. But he just wasn't about that. He thought friendship was more important than love. Even though he didn't really had real friends, he often was very lonely.

"Michael? I asked you something. You're 24 now, and you're still living that lonely life without any girls. Even Randy is already into a girl. You're behind.", Jermaine said. And he meant it.
Maybe his older brother was right.. Maybe he should go. It was totally out of Michael's comfort zone, but he didn't really had a choice.

"Right.. I'll come with you. I need to get ready though..", Michael sighed.
Jermaine seemed very happy about it and nodded. "I'll give you 10 minutes.", he said, while he accidentally slammed the door a little bit too hard. A yell from his father was heard coming from downstairs.

10 minutes? That was way too short. Michael immediately stood up and chose an outfit. He was lucky that he already did his hair today, so he hadn't had to do anything to it right now. That saved a lot of time.
After Michael got dressed he looked in the mirror against his will. He didn't liked looking at the mirror. Even now he wasn't satisfied, but there was nothing he could do about it.
He put some powder on his red cheeks. He didn't liked the fact that his cheeks turned red.
He also covered up some of his vitiligo spots that could be seen.

After Michael was done with getting ready he got downstairs. Jermaine was right there waiting for him. "Let's go now, I've arranged a ride."
Michael only nodded and put on his jacket. Immediately after they got out of the house, and his eyes were fixated on the car that stood still in front of their house.
Jermaine and Michael both got in the car.

At the club

When they finally arrived at the club, Michael and his older brother got out of the car. Jermaine waved his friend that gave them a ride goodbye. "I owe you one.", he yelled, while the car drove away.

"Okay Michael, don't try to be awkward. I already told you this is the change of your short, inexperienced life."
Michael rolled his eyes. "Jermaine!", he heard a girls voice yell.
Michael's eyes fell on a girl with a really short, red dress. The girl had black curly hair and red lipstick on. Also not to forget, the super high heels she was wearing.
The girl kissed Jermaine on the cheek and when she was done greeting him, she turned to Michael. "Little Michael.", she said, while she squeezed Michael's cheek.
Michael was really embarrassed to be called and touched that way. He wasn't little Michael anymore and everyone knew that.

Suddenly he saw her. His eyes slid over her entire posture. He has never, ever seen a girl like that in his entire life. She was absolutely gorgeous, and she looked like a goddess.
Michael really was in awe. Out of all the girls he saw while performing, he has never seen someone like her. Her whole aura was magical.
The beautiful girl looked at Jermaine and gave him a hug. "You both look beautiful tonight, ladies.", Jermaine said.

When the girl turned Michael's way, he couldn't help but stare to the ground. He was too shy, he couldn't handle this.
"I'm Brandy.", she said, while she smiled.
Michael looked up to carefully look in her eyes. "Michael.", he said, almost unintelligible.
Brandy gave him a hug, and that was the moment he froze and blushed.
He felt like he just met the love of his life.

"Let's get this party started, shall we?", Jermaine said, while he winked at Michael.