The Lady In My Life - Chapter 11

The next day

Michael just got of the shower and left the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.
Suddenly Jermaine bumped into him.
"Michael, get into your room right now.", he said.
"You're not telling me what to do anymore.", Michael said back.
"Quick, it's important."
Jermaine just pushed Michael inside his room and closed the door behind him.

Jermaine revealed a newspaper that he was holding.
On the front page there was a huge picture of Michael kissing Brandy.
Michael looked up and grabbed the newspaper out of his brothers hands.
"What in the world?", he immediately said. He was so confused.
"This was.. taken yesterday right?", Michael asked.
Jermaine just nodded. "Apparently someone saw you, you know. And I tried to hide the newspaper from dad, but it won't take long before he'll find out about it."

Michael tore the newspaper apart and sat down on his bed. "I can never live my life like a normal person. Why do people always ruin everything? Anything!" Michael was having a little breakdown.
"I want to have a love life too.. It took me so long to have a love life and trust someone like this, and now.. it just.."
Jermaine picked up the torn pieces from the newspaper off of the ground.
"Michael, calm down.. I have your back, you know that. I'll help you get through this."

Michael just sighed and stared at the wall.
"I'm sure Brandy doesn't like me anymore when she sees this in the newspaper. And her father will see it too! He will definitely kick my butt.."
"Okay Michael, stop it right now. You are going to get ready, and you are going to Brandy's house. If you explain it to her father before the press does, it will be okay.", Jermaine tried to calm his brother down.

"Jermaine, it's just that.. I'm scared. I'm scared of he reactions. A lot of people think I am gay, because they never see me with a girl and I've never been in a relationship before. I just don't want people to worry about my life. It's my life! I can never live like a normal person."
Michael covered his face with his hands out of frustration.
"I understand that, Michael. I know how it feels, but this had to happen one day. Be glad that you finally have a love life. Brandy really likes you, I can see that.", Jermaine said.
"Okay now get dressed, I'm going with you."

In front of Brandy's house

Michael dressed all nicely to meet Brandy's family.
He was very shy and anxious about it. What if her dad would get angry?
Brandy didn't even know that he would be stopping by.
He turned around to look at Jermaine, who waited in the car.

He then finally walked up to the door and knocked on the wooden material.
It took some minutes before the door opened.
A little woman with a big afro opened the door. She had a yellow dress on, covered in white polkadots. She looked very friendly.
"Well hello there. Wait, are you Michael Jackson from The Jacksons?", she immediately asked. Of course, everyone did when they saw him.
"Hello lady, yes I am, indeed.", Michael answered.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Michael. I'm Dorothy. So, what brings you here?"

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, miss. I um.. I came here to meet you, because I um.. I'm really good friends with Brandy."
Michael already messed it up. What was he thinking? Really good friends? Way to go Michael..
"You're really good friends with my daughter? Oh really? Well, come on in, Michael."
Michael got inside of the house and followed Dorothy into the kitchen, where he saw a man sitting with a newspaper in front of his face.
It was actually an old newspaper, so Michael wasn't on the front page kissing their daughter, luckily. 

"Anthony. There's someone who came to meet us. He's really good friends with our daughter.", Dorothy said to the man.
The man slowly lowered the newspaper, revealing his face.
He had a huge scar, almost covering the entire length of his face.
Michael wondered what happened to him, but of course he wasn't going to be that curious to ask about it.
"Well, look who we have here. Jackson? Michael Jackson, it is?"
Michael bit on his tongue and slowly nodded. "Yes sir, that's me."
"And it appears that you are good friends with Brandy, my daughter?"
"Yes sir, that is correct.", Michael answered, being as polite as he could be.

The man laid the newspaper on the table in front of him and grabbed something from the table.
He then showed Michael the newspaper.
It was the newspaper.
Michael bit on his lip and took a step forwards. "Sir, I know it's not responsible what I did. I had no idea that someone was watching us. I just.. I trust Brandy, and I love your daughter. I love her with whole my heart and soul. I would never hurt her. Of course this isn't an excuse, but I'm really sorry, sir. I didn't want this to happen, and that you're daughter would be on the front page like this. I don't know how to make it up to you."
Michael was speaking from his heart.

He didn't even know that Brandy heard everything, because she stood right behind him.