The Lady In My Life - Chapter 15

Michael took a couple of steps back, to get closer near Brandy.
How in the world did Darren find them?
He definitely planned this, because he even took a bunch of friends with him to scare him even more.

Brandy didn't even know what was happening. "What is this for alien business, Darren?", Brandy yelled.
"I told your little boyfriend last time, that if I ever saw his face again I'd make sure that he won't even have a face anymore.. So now, here we are huh?", her brother said, with an aggressive undertone in his voice.

"Listen, Darren.. I'm not sure what the point of this is. I don't want to disrespect you in any way, but like I told your mother and father; I love your sister. She means the world to me. Brandy is so dear to me. You can't just tell me to never see her again. It hurts me, you know. I'm a lover, not a fighter."
The words came straight from Michaels heart. He really meant everything he just said.
He carefully looked at Darren's face.
He still looked angry..

"Listen up.. I'm not into your sensitive bullshit. To me you're still that little Michael boy that I saw performing on the television. The only thing you can is sing and dance. You're nothing more than an entertainer. You're not good enough for my sister. Who the hell do you think you are?"
Darren's words really hurt Michael.
He had tears in his eyes, but he still wanted to be strong for Brandy.
He looked at the ground in silence for a few minutes.

"Enough!", Brandy suddenly yelled.
"You can't say all those meaningless words to Michael! He is human too and he has feelings. You hurt him, you really do. You need to stop Darren, or I'm going to tell mother and father that you once got a girl pregnant."
Brandy was not even joking, she was super serious.

Suddenly Darren friends all start to talk through each other. It sounded like a crowded place.
"What did she just say? Did you got a girl pregnant, Darren?", one of the guys asked, while he started laughing.
Darren's face started to turn red of anger. "Shut the fuck up you piece of..."
Darren walked up to Brandy and pushed her against the wall.

Michaels eyes became big. He couldn't let this happen.
"Stop it! Don't touch her like that!", Michael suddenly yelled.
He walked up to them and pushed Darren away from Brandy.
"Who do you think you are to push me away? She's my sister!", Darren yelled back and walked up to Michael.
Michael saw by his body language that the guy wanted to knock him out.
He didn't wanted to fight; he wasn't like that.

In the meantime Brandy was crying. How could her brother talk to her like that and push her against a wall? She just couldn't believe it.
"Stop it!", she said while crying. She was really hurt, and Michael couldn't stand it. He felt so bad for her. He just wanted to take her to another planet and make her feel better.

"Yo man, I'm not gonna help you anymore. You got a girl pregnant, man? You haven't told us that shit." Some of the guys Darren came with walked away. 
"Next time I see y'all, you're in trouble for walking away!", Darren said to the guys that left.
He then turned to Michael and Brandy.
"I want to break that face of yours.. You act like you're innocent and all that. You act like such a girl." Darren said to Michael. Anger stood in his eyes.

Before Michael could do anything, he felt a cold, big fist against his face. If his face was from glass it was now broken.
His sight went black as he fell onto the ground.