The Lady In My Life - Chapter 28

Michael searched everywhere for Brandy, but he couldn't find her.
When he asked the people backstage, they had no idea where she was either.
Michael panicked as he ran around backstage.
"Brandy?!"
She was no where to be found..
Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around quickly, with the hope it was Brandy.
When he turned around he saw it was Diana.
"Honey, what's wrong?", she asked when she saw his stressful face.
"Brandy is no where to be found.. I'm really worried, Diana.", Michael explained.
Diana gave him a quick nod. "I haven't seen her either, but try to relax. She's probably smoking outside."
"Brandy is not a smoker. She would never leave without saying a word.. I know her too well for that. But um Diana, I have to go look for her, so I'll see you later.", Michael said before he left.

When he got outside he looked around, but he didn't saw Brandy.
"Brandy?!", he yelled again.
Some people that walked passed by him gave him a strange look, but Brandy was his number one priority right now.
He walked around until he heard a girl crying in a little alley.
He stopped and entered the alley.
And there she was, sitting on the ground while crying.
Brandy had her eyes covered with her hands.
"Oh my love.. Are you hurt?", Michael said with a worried voice.
He sat next to her on the cold street and put his arms around her.
"Don't cry, babygirl. What's wrong? What happened?", Michael whispered, before he gave her a kiss on the forehead.
"I... I can't help it.. I'm..", Brandy cried and couldn't find the right words to explain herself.
"It's alright.. dry your tears dear.. I'm here.", Michael said while he stroked the tears from her cheeks.
"It's hard to explain.. I just get so sad..", she whispered.
"I'll listen, we have all the time. It's alright baby."
"Well.. Diana and you.. She's so..", Brandy murmured.
Michael remained quiet so that she could explain herself.
"The two of you are so close.. I feel like she wants to tear us apart..", Brandy said, while she started crying again.
"Oh no.. Brandy, listen to me.. You are the love of my life. You're the one who understands me. And most of all, you are the woman I want to marry one day, and to have children with. I love you so much, baby.. No one can drive us apart, not even Diana.", he said.
Brandy laid her head against Michaels chest. "I love you too.. I was just so worried. I mean.. I notice the way you look at her, and I know she is beautiful but.."
Michael interrupted her sentence with kissing Brandy on the lips. It was a very passionate kiss for someone who had just been crying her eyes out.
After a little while Michael let go of her and looked her in the eyes.
"How are you feeling now, dear?", he asked her.
"I'm alright now, babe.. I just love you too much.", she answered.
Michael immediately smiled. He was finally happy for once. She was the one for him, and he wanted to marry her, even though they didn't knew each other for such a long time. He knew he had to ask her the big question soon.