The Lady In My Life - Chapter 19

Michael looked around him and bit on his underlip. He had to do something right now. He didn't want Brandy to get crushed or something.
"I love you all!", Michael yelled, while he turned around and started to run through the crowd while pulling Brandy with him.
Everyone started screaming.
"Michael please sign this cd!"
"Please sign my shirt, Michael!"
"Can I get a hug please, Michael?!"

Michael kept running and didn't look back. He had to get out of this situation.
His head started to hurt from running, since he still wasn't as strong as before he got knocked down by Brandy's brother.
Instead of stopping and resting, he kept on going, until they reached an alley.
Michael quickly pulled brandy into the small alley with him and saw how the screaming fans ran past them.
Michael sighed and leaned against the wall to catch his breath.

"That was.. scary..", Brandy said, while she leaned against the other wall.
"It sure was. That's why I doubted this idea of going into town. Whenever one fan notices me, the rest follows."
Brandy listened to Michael.
"I remember being a little kid, and running away from the fans with my brothers. If we wouldn't run, we would get crushed. The girls used to pull our hair and accidentally scratch us with their long nails. One time we were in a store, and this girl almost died because of the crowd. All the fans were knocking on the glass of the window, causing it to break. This girl ended up getting a piece of glass in her neck, which almost caused her to bleed out. After all she survived it though. It was terrifying.."

Brandy looked at Michael in awe. "Wow.. that's horrible. I'm glad she was ok after all."
Michael nodded his head.
"Well, I guess it will never stop though, because you can only get more famous than before.", Brandy said.
Michael looked at his feet and kept quiet.
"Baby, what's wrong?"
Michael was still looking at his feet in silence.
Brandy stood next to him and stroked his cheek with her thumb.
"You can tell me everything, you know that, Michael."

Michael cleared his throat and looked at Brandy.
"It's just that I..", Michael started to speak.
"Yes..?"
"I don't want you to get hurt, Brandy.. The fans can be wild sometimes and since you're my girlfriend.. Maybe they will go crazy if they'll find out.."
Brandy shook her head and put her arms around Michael to hold him.
"I will always stay with you, no matter what. What are they going to do? Pull my hair because I'm in love with you? They can do that, but that won't ever stop me from loving you.", Brandy told him, while she lay her head against his chest to listen to his heartbeat.

Michael smiled and put his fingers through her long hair. "I just can't stop loving you, Brandy. And I'll never will.", he whispered.
"You're the only one who understands me. You're the only one who understands why I love children so much, why I love elementary things and what I've been through as a child. You respect me for who I am and never question my behavior. I love you so much. You're so special, you know that?", Michael said, before he placed a kiss on her head.
Brandy was kind of speechless. Michael never talked about things like this; he really trusted her.
"I love you with whole my heart.", Brandy sighed. She looked into his eyes and kissed him on the lips.

They stood there and kissed for a few minutes.
When the kiss ended, Michael grabbed Brandy's hand and left the alley.
"Are you sure they're gone, Michael?"
"I'm sure. Let's go and find some nice books."