The Lady In My Life - Chapter 23

After Michael shook Darren's hand, he walked into the living room again, where all of Brandy's family members were gathered together.
Michael felt very relieved, because the problems he had with Darren were all gone now.
He sat down next to Brandy and smiled.
"How did it go?", Brandy softly asked him.
"Wonderful. He apologized, and he asked me to have lunch together some time soon. I have a good feeling about this, Brandy.", Michael responded.
A smile appeared on Brandy's face. She seemed very happy about it.
"That is amazing.. That's already a wonderful birthday present; I'm glad the problems are over between you two.", she said.

After awhile all the family members arrived, and the living room was pretty full.
Brandy's mother brought a cake to the living room with burning candles in it.
Everyone started cheering.
Michael was a bit shy, so he was more timid than the rest.
Brandy leaned up to the cake and blew all the candles out.
Everyone started singing, including Michael.
"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you, dear Brandy. We love you!"
Brandy put her arms in the air from happiness and giggled.

"I have some presents for you, Brandy.", Michael said, while grabbing the presents.
Brandy looked excited; she was very curious about what he got her.
She knew Michael was very romantic, so it wouldn't be disappointing.

Michael gave her one of the presents and Brandy took the wrapping paper off of it.
The first present was some perfume; her favorite perfume to wear.
Brandy smiled and immediately hugged Michael. "That's so sweet. You know that's my favorite one to wear!", she said.
"Thank you, thank you dear..", she continued.
Michael giggled and gave her the next present.
Brandy opened the box and took out a stuffed animal with a picture of Michael and her together on it.
"This is the cutest thing ever!", she said, while blushing a little bit.
"I'm glad you like it, sweetheart."

Brandy's aunts looked at them in awe while she was opening her presents.
The next present was in a little box.
She opened the little box and took a bracelet out with diamonds on it.
Brandy's mouth fell open while looking at it.
"Michael! You're crazy.  You didn't have to do all this. Thank you so much. Thank you a million times.", she said, before giving him a kiss.
Michael smiled and put the bracelet around her pulse.
"You deserve everything in this world, I'm glad you like my presents."
"I love them!"

Michael giggled, because there was many more to come.
Brandy continued opening presents from family members and thanked everyone.
When she was done, her mother started to cut the cake in pieces.
Michael immediately stood up to help her.
"You are so kind, Michael. Thank you.", Brandy's mother said.
"You don't have to thank me, Miss.", Michael responded.

They gave everyone a piece of cake, and everyone became quiet for awhile, since they all enjoyed the cake.
When everyone was done with the cake, someone turned up the volume of the music.
Some people stood up to dance.
"Michael, dance with me!", Brandy said, while she stood up.
"Oh boy.. Brandy.. I'm shy..", Michael said quietly.
"Oh come on, baby. Dance!", she said.
Michael stood up, because he basically had no chance.
It was Brandy's birthday, so he just had to dance with her, in front of all her family members.

Michael grabbed Brandy's hand and started dancing on the music.
"Yes, dance honey!", one of Brandy's aunts shouted at Michael.
He giggled and his cheeks turned red.
Brandy laughed at Michael and looked at his face.
"Sorry for my aunts. They're basically in love with you.", she whispered into his ear.
"You don't have to say sorry, Brandy. Your aunts are funny.", he responded, while smiling.
"It's just.. I always get shy, darling."
"I know dear.", Brandy said, while caressing his red cheek with her fingers.

After some dancing, a few people sat down on their chairs again.
Michael let go of Brandy's hand and looked into her eyes. "Shall we sit down again?", he asked her.
Brandy nodded her head as a response and walked back to the chair she was sitting on.

Michael thought it was the right time to gave his girlfriend her last and final present..