The Lady In My Life - Chapter 6

In the traffic

Screams were heard, both inside and outside the car.
The entire back of the car was crushed, and their bodies were pushed against the window by the pressure of the crash.
Tears were rolling over Brandy's cheeks. She was in a very big shock and she was extremely frightened.

Michael turned his head to look at Brandy. He was very worried about her, not even about himself, even though he was frightened as well.
He tried to make his way up to her, but he was stuck.
He tried to move his legs, but they were stuck too.
What could he possibly do now?
Michael started to panic a bit.

Brandy was shaking out of fear and looked at Michael. "M-Michael..", she cried.
"Brandy, are you hurt?", he asked, full of worries.
"No.. I'm just.. I'm scared.."
Michael wanted to hug her tightly, but he couldn't. He wanted to take her fears away, but that was something he couldn't do either, not right now.

Someone suddenly stood next to the window near Michael.
"Help us!", he yelled.
The man tried to break the window from the outside while Michael closed his eyes to protect him self for the shattered glass.
When the window broke, the man tried to open the door.
His first attempt was not successful.
"I'm so sorry that I drove into you.", the man apologized.
Michael couldn't find the right words to answer. Did he had to say it was okay? While Brandy was crying and he was stuck in the car?
This was not the best situation, so Michael kept quiet.

After 15 minutes of trying to break the door open, the attempts were finally successful.
The door went open and the man tried to pull Michael out of the car.
"Ouch, careful! My legs are stuck.", Michael said.
The man apologized again.
"Help her first.. please.. please..", Michael whispered. He felt so guilty.
"No, I'm helping you right now. This is all my fault."

After awhile Michael got out of the car, and while he tried to ignore the burning pain in his legs, he ran to the side of the car where Brandy was sitting.
He tried to use all of his power and strength to get the door open, but this didn't worked out.
The man stood behind Michael and tried to break the glass.

After some minutes the glass in the window broke.
Michael opened the door and after a few attempts the door opened.
He carried Brandy out of the car and sat on the street with her laying half onto his lap with her head.

"Brandy..", he whispered, while he stroked over her hair.
"I'm so sorry.. I don't know how to make it all up to you.. I just wanted you to have a wonderful night.."
Brandy had her eyes closed and didn't answer.

Tears appeared in Michaels eyes.
"Brandy please stay with me.. please.."
He was completely hopeless and this was all his fault.
Michael was the one who drove without a driving license.
At the beginning of the night Brandy already told him to be careful.
He got her in this very dangerous situation and he would never forgive himself for that.

"Someone call an ambulance!", Michael screamed at the top of his lungs when he saw the man running up to a cellphone booth.
"I'm so sorry Brandy.. please..", he whispered while some of his tears fell on her beautiful face.

The man ran up to them and was clearly out of breath from the running he did.
"There's an ambulance on the way. And again, I'm so sorry. This is my fault.. I wasn't paying attention to the road and.."
Michael didn't even listen. "Yes.. yes.."
The only thing on his mind was Brandy's health, nothing else mattered to him at the moment.

After a while he finally heard sirens from an ambulance that came their way.

Brandy was still laying by Michael and had her eyes closed the entire time. She didn't moved or said a word; there was just no sign of her to be seen.

Michael held her close while he cried.
The ambulance stopped in front of them..