The Lady In My Life - Chapter 4

At the club

Michael looked up to look at Brandy's beautiful little face.
"That was lovely.", he said.
Brandy smiled and nodded.
Suddenly Brandy got pulled away from Michael by Anna. She looked up and frowned. "Why did you do that?", she asked to her friend, questioning her behavior.
"Stop the flirting thing, let's switch sides now.", Anna said, while she acted like her behavior was normal.

Michael heard the conversation too and sighed. Why did someone always have to ruin it for them?
And so it happened; against her will Brandy began to dance with Jermaine.
Michael began to dance with Anna. He sure thought she was friendly, but he preferred girls that acted different. He preferred girls like Brandy: she was soft, quiet and loving.

After a while of dancing, the music shut off and the bright lights turned on. The brights lights made Michaels eyes squint.
It was clear that this meant that the party has ended.
"Let's go outside.", Jermaine said to the group, while he took the lead and went outside. The rest followed him.

And there they all stood.
It was really early in the morning, since they've been dancing all night long.
Michael looked at Brandy and carefully held her hand. He didn't want this night to end yet; it was just too perfect.
"I'll see you soon, girls.", Jermaine said, after he kissed the two girls on the cheek.
Michael looked confused. Jermaine just announced that they were going home, without Michael agreeing?
Before he knew it, Anna flew around his neck. He stood still and softly patted her on the back.
When Anna let go of him, he looked at Brandy.

Brandy was quiet the entire time, but then she came closer to Michael, to hug him.
Michael felt warm inside and smiled. When she let go of him, he carefully placed a kiss on her cheek.
Suddenly Jermaine pushed Michael a little bit. "We're going to walk home, hurry.", he whispered in his brothers ear.
Michael didn't know what to say and just kept looking at Brandy while they slowly walked away.

He only knew her name.. he didn't knew anything about her.
Would he ever see her again?

In the morning

Michael tried to get some sleep after they got home, but it didn't really worked out.
He couldn't sleep because he was constantly thinking about Brandy. He just couldn't think clear anymore.

The same thought fled through is mind over and over again; will he ever see Brandy again?
He didn't know where she lived, how old she was and most important; if she really was single?
He hoped she was; because they kissed, and if she had a boyfriend that meant she was a cheater.

Michael shook the thoughts away. He was overthinking the whole situation.
He got out of bed and picked out an outfit for the day.
Michael went to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready.

When he was done showering and styling his hair, he put some black jeans on and a green blouse that he picked out earlier. He put the ends of the blouse in his pants.
He topped it off with some white socks on his feet.
After he put his clothes on, he put on some makeup on his face to cover up the white spots of his vitiligo.

He felt brand new.
He felt like a man!
He had his first kiss and he was proud of it.
His brothers all had their first kisses when they were just children. They had a meaningless first kiss, while Michaels first kiss was magical and loving.

Michael smiled while he went downstairs.
He didn't have breakfast. Eating was the only thing he could control in his life, so he was kind of struggling with food.

He was going to the studio later that day, but Michael thought it was a good idea to go to the bookstore first. He wanted to find some rare books.
Michael put his loafers on his feet and his sunglasses on his nose.
He was ready to go into town.

In the town

Michael was walking through the town while he studied all the stores he passed by. Of course he had seen the stores a million times, since he grew up in this town, but everything just seemed more interesting.
The fresh air smelled like roses and he enjoyed the sounds of chirping birds.

He was in love. And did he knew that? No, because he didn't knew what it felt like.

Finally Michael saw the bookstore where he wanted to look around.
He entered the store and waved at the owner of the store. He knew the owner well, because he's been visiting the store since he was a little child.

Michael stood in front of all the big bookshelves and looked around.

He moved to the other bookshelves and then suddenly he bumped into someone...