Shawn

Your boyfriend Shawn has been away at magcon and doing different events for a while. Your relationship has remained strong though. He was supposed to be coming home tomorrow, and you were really excited. You couldn't wait to see him. However, things had been going pretty badly while he was away. His fans only got nastier, and the hate was inescapable. Things you used to never think twice about, were now on the forefront of your mind. The only things you could think about yourself were negative. You used to be a carefree person who had no regrets, but lately, all you do is stay up at night and question every single thing you have ever done in your life. Moments that used to not cause you any distress, now torment you at night. All of this comes with an immeasurable amount of feelings and a lot of pressure resting in your body. You couldn't figure out how to deal with all of it, so you began to cut. Your first cut was three weeks ago, and you have been cutting the tops of your thighs every night since then.

You filled up your bathtub with warm water. You were hoping that a nice relaxing warm bath might help you escape from reality for a while. The bathtub filled, and you slipped yourself in. You listened to soft music and let your mind wander far from reality. Everything was going well, until you heard footsteps. Naturally, you became really scared because you weren't expecting anyone to be home. Your parents were out of town, and your only sibling was sleeping over at a friend's house. You heard a knock on the bathroom door, and a familiar voice spoke.

"Baby, are you in there."

"Shawn!" you screamed. "Yeah, I was just taking a bath. I didn't know you were coming home early!"

"I wanted to surprise you, babe!"

Then you heard the door handle twisting and you didn't know how to stop it. You didn't want Shawn coming in. You couldn't let him see your fresh cuts. He walked in and you pulled your knees to your chest, effectively covering up the tops of your thighs.

"Babe, it's not like I haven't seen you naked before. You don't have to try to cover up around me" Shawn said.

What he said was true, but when he left you, you didn't have scars or cuts covering your thighs. You couldn't bear the thought of him seeing your marks. You thought that he would be so embarrassed of you.

"Why don't you let me dry off, and then I can actually give you a proper welcome home." you said, pulling your legs in closer.

"Babe, what's up. You've never been so self conscious in front of me. I love you, you know that right?"

"Of course I know that. Just give me one second, and then I'll be out."

"Okay, whatever you want" Shawn said, clearly a little bothered, but mostly confused.

Shawn left the bathroom and you got out of the tub, wringing out your hair. You looked in the mirror at your thighs. You didn't know how to hide the marks. Apparently you were looking in the mirror for a long time, because all of a sudden you heard the door knob twisting open. Before you had time to react, Shawn walked in.

"Babe, are you-"

Shawn's sentence got cut off when he saw all of the cuts on your thighs. He rushed to your side and pulled you into him. You started crying all the tears that you have been holding in for so long. He rubbed your back as you cried.

"I'm so sorry" you said in between sobs.

"Shh shh baby, it's okay. You don't have to be sorry."

When you calmed down, Shawn pulled you back so that he could look at you. He ran his fingers through your hair, and you could tell he was concerned.

"Why did you do it, (y/n)? You are perfect in every single way possible. I wish I never left you. I should have been here with you. I'm so sorry, princess. I love you so much. I don't want you to destroy your body. Please, you have to stop. I'll be right here to help you, but I can't let you keep doing this. I love you so so much, (y/n)." Shawn said.

"I'm sorry Shawn, the hate started getting to me and the bad feelings only progressed from there. I didn't know how to deal with them, and the only thing that felt good was cutting. I promise I will try my hardest to stop. I love you, Shawn. Thank you for not leaving me."

He pulled you in, and you passionately made out. He carried you too your bed, and you guys made love. He made sure to kiss all of your cuts, and for every kiss, he told you something he loved about you. You fell asleep tangled together.