Uncomfortable talk

Chapter 4

The Great hall

After Fishlegs releases them Astrid rubs the back of her neck as Hiccup takes a deep breath as they recover from Fishlegs grip then Snotlowt come's back in & stomps back to his seat facing the engaged couple. 

"I can't believe you Astrid, how could you do this to me?" Snotlowt wines & Astrid narrows her eyes at him. "Really Snotlowt? Did you actually see us getting married?" Astrid says with an as if voice "Yes, well in my dreams I did... but that's not the point how could you agree to marry...him?" Snotlowt whines while pointing at small Hiccup who looks at him offended.    

"Hay I'm right here I can still hear you, you know!" Hiccup yells feeling a little hurt by Snotlowt's comment, Astrid keeps arguing with Snotlowt ignoring Hiccup.    

"You know what Snotlowt, you can have your fantasies I couldn't care less what you think about us, I never imagined this to happen but it did & you know what I don't care what you think or any of you think! We might be getting married but it's not going to change anything are we clear?!"

Fishlegs nods & Snotlowt sighs with a shrug & the twins stare into space & Astrid notices the twins & she smacks the table to get their attention. "I'm sorry...what were you saying? I was too busy thinking how this marriage is going to change everything" Tuffnut says with his sister nodding in agreement then Astrid grounds & hit her head on the table. "Welcome to my world" Hiccup says as he places his hand on her head & leans his face in his over hand.

The cove

At sundown Astrid & Stormfly fly around the island & fly by the cove & Astrid notices something. "Land here girl" Astrid orders & Stormfly obeys then Astrid gets off her & sees Toothless drinking from the edge of a pond that isn't frozen then she sees Hiccup laying on a patch of icy grass that is surrounded by snow, she walks towards him why Stormfly walks to the pond to get a drink then Hiccup hears footsteps in the snow & he opens his eyes & find Astrid standing by his head. 

"What's up?" He asks putting a hand behind his head. "I was just about to ask you the same question" Astrid replies taking a seat next to him & crosses her legs & leans back with her arms supporting her up. "I'm trying to clear my head" Hiccup answers her before taking a deep breath.    

"Yesterday your farther wanted to talk to me about some...things" Hay says. "Oh no! what did he say?" She asks. "It was nothing  embarrassing...it's just...he wanting me to promise him that I'll take care of you, in all honestly you'll be the one taking care of me" Hiccup explains sitting up from the ground & Astrid lets out a light chuckle & punches him lightly on his shoulder. "You better believe it" Astrid replies with as smile. 

"At least your talk was more comfortable than the one I had earlier" Astrid says making her skin crawl at the memory. "What?" He asks cocking up his brow, Astrid sighs regretting that she brought it up. "Oh...after I left the great hall this woman just had to give me this...what she called a lovely talk about pleasing my husband because my mother never could" Astrid says trying to mock the woman & Hiccup snorts trying to keep his laugh in.    

Astrid crinkles her nose then pushes him to the ground only to make him burst out laughing then he rolls on his back several times & he raises his arm up in defeat. "You think that's funny?!" She snaps crosses her arms around her chest, Hiccup keeps laughing & nods making her want to hit him more, then she punches him several times & he raises his arms up in defeat.