The discovery

Chapter 19

It's been 4 weeks sins Hiccup & Astrid admitted their feelings & all the moaning & complaining is only just dying down the only once who are still moaning & complaining are Mildew & Spritlowt, the last 4 weeks Hiccup's been staying with Astrid every night & comforting her but today is a very bad day especially for her because her dad just died last night.

Flash back Hiccup's P.O.V

I am in the forge at 8.30am in the morning working on a new tale rod for Toothless tale when I hear Astrid screaming & crying, so I run back to the Hoffason house & find Astrid leaning over her dad.

"Astrid!" He calls in worry, she looks up then when she sees me she runs up to me & cry's heavily in my shoulder. "Oh Hiccup thank Thor you're here...he's dead...he's dead" I hold her tight & pat her head. "Oh Astrid I'm so sorry" She continues crying in my shoulder. "Oh Hiccup I'm so alone" "There, their you're not alone I'm here & I will never leave you" She looks up at me with tears in her eyes. "Really Hiccup?" "Of course mi-lady" Then she continues crying on my shoulder. 

"Come on mi-lady let's get you out of her this is not a good place to be at the moment" So I lead her out of her dad's room & up to her room & sit her on the bed where I hug her & comfort her while I let her cry heavily in my chest until she was so exhorted from crying so much she falls asleep in my arms so I lay her down, kiss her forehead & go & get a terror to send a letter to my dad.

End of flash back

The Hoffason house

Hiccup & Astrid are sitting downstairs of the Hoffason house Hiccup still hugging Astrid who is still crying but in her sleep in his chest then suddenly Stoic comes in. "Oh son I just got your letter & rushed over how's she doing?!" "Dad quirt she's sleeping" "But I can hear her crying" Stoic says. "Yes but she's crying in her sleep & to answer your question no, no she isn't doing well she hasn't stopped crying sins 8.30am...why don't you come & sit down" So Stoic shuts the door & goes & sits down. 

"When did it happen?" Stoic asks. "Well it happened sum time last night, after I went to the forge this morning Astrid woke up then went to check on her dad to find him dead & sins then she's been crying on my shoulder or my chest, breathing heavily & foaling asleep in my arms" "Oh pore Astrid...well I'll make the announcement in the great hall at 7.00pm ok & sort the funeral out for tomorrow" 

Astrid stars in his arms. "Hmm, Hiccup" She says softly. "Their, their I'm here don't worry" Hiccup says as he hugs her & kisses her forehead. "Who are you talking to?" "Don't worry it's just my dad you go back to sleep" So she goes back to sleep.

Dad smiles at us. "What?" Hiccup asks. "Son you can stop hiding it" "Hiding what?" "You can stop hiding how you feel about Astrid, I know you have loved her since you where 2 years old & Gobber knows too" Hiccup goes bright red. "Really?" "Yes & I think Mr Hoffason figured it out that's probably one of the reasons he chose you as well as all the over things" Hiccup smiles as he strokes Astrid's hair.

"Ok dad your all right I have loved her most of my life & now I love her more than ever...& dad to tell you the truth" "Yes son" "I always dreamed of marring Astrid so when you & Mr Hoffason said about us marring I was celebrating inside my heart was jumping & I felt like my dreams had come true" Stoic smiles. "I'm very happy for you son, well I better go & inform everyone that Mr Hoffason has goon don't bother coming son you just concentrate on looking after Astrid & confuting her" "Ok dad buy" So Stoic leaves.