The first day marred

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

The great hall

The next day very early in the morning Stoic wakes up in his chair in the great hall with some over men passed out on the floor, it wasn't the first party were people got drunk & have fallen asleep on the floor, Stoic lets out a groan & rubs his eyes before he gets up out of his chair & leaves the hall, when he gets to the doors & opens them the rising sun hits his eyes making him squint as he walk down the stairs to go home then he notices Stormfly curled up sleeping by the house 

The Haddock house

Stoic walks inside & when he gets in he can hear Toothless growling in his sleep upstairs, he thinks about walking upstairs to wake Hiccup & Astrid up but he grabs his axe that's hanging on the wall & then leaves letting the newlyweds sleep in...but when he shuts the door behind him he doesn't realize he made Astrid upstairs star in her sleep.

Astrid lets out a groan & buries her face in her pillow for some reason her pillow is hard, she thought the pillows here would be softer than the ones her farther had bought, she shrugs it off & places one of her hands on the pillow then she notices how it is a little softer then she moves her hand back closer to her face & she feels something hard again as she is trying to figure out what this pillow has in it. 

"It almost fells like...what is that? It feels like a...bone & what is that sound?" She says to herself then she feels her pillow raise her head up without her control...so she opens her eyes to only find a pair of legs that don't belong to her, she then looks & turns her head around to see the bottom of Hiccup's chin then Astrid's eyes widen & she pushes herself up quickly looking down at Hiccup sleeping on his back.

Once she's off of him he turns to his side with his back facing her as he continues to sleep, Astrid feels her stomach flip once she realizes that she slept on him all night, she tries to remember what happened last night...the last thing she remembers is that they were playing 'What if' & feeling tired & trying to keep her eyes open, she must have fallen asleep sitting up & fell forward on him just the thought of that makes her turn she can only imagine how embarrassed he must of felt the last thing she wants is to make him feel uncomfortable around her.  

Astrid gets up from the bed & walks downstairs as she tightens her robe around herself then she walks outside, the air is cold but the sunrise is worth it to be outside then she walks to the side of the house & finds Stormfly waking up. 

"Hay girl did you sleep well?" Stormfly nudges her in the stomach before getting off the ground. "I'll be right back I need to get dressed before we go out flying" Astrid walks back inside & hears movement upstairs so she walks up to their room to find Hiccup putting his top on.

Toothless stretching out before getting up then Hiccup turns his head to see Astrid. "Oh hay I was wondering where you went" He says with a smile. "Getting ready to go flying" She says making Toothless ears perk up. "Um yeah....you mind us joining?" He asks,  Astrid nods meaning they can. "Sure just let me get dressed first & I'll meet you down their" "Ok" Hiccup turns his head to face Toothless. "Come-on Toothless"    

Hiccup goes down stairs & Toothless jumps to the bottom to get in the front, back up stairs with Astrid she finds her favorite outfit in the drowse then once she puts on her clothes she puts her night gown & robe away then pulls her boots on & goes down stairs were she finds Hiccup fixing Toothless saddle, then Hiccup pulls his head up seeing Astrid in her normal cloves.

"Ready to go" He asks walking to the door then Astrid nods & the three of them walk out seeing Stormfly waiting for them, when Astrid & Hiccup are both mounted on Stormfly & Toothless an idea goes though Astrid's head. 

"Hay, how about we make this a little interesting?" She suggests flirtatiously, he looks up at her with a smirk. "I'm listening" He say cursedly. "How about we do three laps around the island & last one to the great hall has to get the winner's breakfast?" Hiccup thinks about it & smiles. "Ok, & just so you know...I like my eggs scrambled" He says flirtatiously, "Oh so it's going to be like that?" Astrid says playfully. "Well then I guess we'll just have to crush you like in every competition" She says. "We'll see about that Astrid" Hiccup smirk's before they fly off.

The great hall

At the great hall the twins, Fishlegs & Snotlowt are sat at their usual table eating their breakfast, only a few of the people are eating while the over's are doing their daily tasks. "Do you guys think anything's going to change since Hiccup & Astrid are married now?" Fishlegs asks before taking a bite out of his meal. "Shut up Fishlegs" Snotlowt groans. "Wow, what's your problem?" Tuffnut asks. "He's mad because the girl he's been chasing since we were little is married now" Ruffnut replies.    

"Oh please Ruff it's not even a real marriage...trust me give it a few months they'll be splitting after Mr Hoffason is dead" Snotlowt says. "Snotlowt!" Fishlegs gasps. "I didn't mean for it to sound like that...I'm just saying the only reason they got married was so Mr Hoffason can die in peace...no one said that they had to stay together" Snotlowt points out before taking a drink. 

"So if you're not upset about the wedding what are you upset about?" Tuffnut asks. "It's my dad...he's still mad about Mr Hoffason choosing Hiccup instead of me" Snotlowt says. "I thought he was over that" Fishlegs says. "No he is just done venting at the village...I'm still hearing about it at home" Snotlowt grumbles taking another bite out of his meat then they hear the large double doors open & see Hiccup & Astrid walking in with Toothless & Stormfly. 

"I won fair & square which means you have to get my food" Astrid gloats with a smirk. "Are you kidding me? You made Stormfly spine shout at us in the last minute!" Hiccup proclaims gesturing to himself & Toothless. "Hay we never ruled out using any combat tactics" Astrid points out while taping his nose before walking over to the table where their friends are at.    

"By the way Hiccup...I like my eggs scrambled too!" She shouts flirtatiously giving Hiccup a playful smirk, Hiccup walks to the over side of the hall to get their breakfast once Astrid tacks a seat at the table. 

"Wow Astrid your first morning as a married couple & you already have got him whipped" Ruffnut says & chuckles after hearing their little debate. "Oh please that's how our relationship has always been...nothing's going to change after one day" Astrid explains. "Really? Your relationship is to be the same? Even after what you guys did last night?" Ruffnut asks making her bother drop his fork then Snotlowt coughs on his food & Fishlegs turns bright red at Ruffnut's question. "You guys grow up"    

"I'm eating, I don't need mental images rite now!" Snotlowt shots gesturing to his food. "Mental images about what?" Astrid hears a kind voice behind her so she turns around & sees Hiccup holding two plats then he sets one plat in front of her before sitting next to her. "Nothing" Astrid replies before picking up the fork that is on her food, Hiccup shrugs it off & takes a bite of his eggs. 

 Hiccup swallows before he speaks. "I was thinking maybe we should do a best trick competition after we're all done eating" Hiccup suggests seeing the over's agree. "I can't wait to show you guy's how much Hookfang & I are in sink now" Snotlowt gloats. "Oh so the both of you are setting yourselves on fire now?" Astrid asks making the proud Snotlowt glare at them all laughing.   

The academy

later near the end of the trick competition Hiccup smiles. "So looks like I won this time" Hiccup says proudly as he sees Stormfly flying next to him. "Okay I have to admit you two are still the best....at tricks" Astrid says hearing Hiccup let out a light chuckle. "Say's the girl who always gets second place" Hiccup replies with a smirk. "Not this morning I didn't" Astrid says before Stormfly & Toothless fly down.