Chapter eight

The next day, things hardly change. By the time I got up Jennie was already gone and I could hear Rosie complaining outside my room. It only took me a couple minutes to get ready.

As I leave my room, Lisa runs up and hides behind me, "She's been like this all morning."

In front of me, Rosie paces around our small living area, "She couldn't even wait for us? That is so rude. Imagine one of us doing that when we arrived, we would have been kicked out. I mean honestly, I have no idea why they're expecting us to work with this spoilt brat-"

"Morning, Rosie," I intervene.

She stops pacing, "Oh, morning, Jisoo."

"Are you done yet?" I yawn.

"I-I guess-"

"Good 'cause your scaring Lisa.

Her face goes pale, "Oh, I'm sorry Lisa," She tries for a small smile which Lisa vaguely returns.

I step towards her, "Let's go!"

Jumping, I run for the door and quickly make my way outside into the dark, cold air. Perfect.

***

As I step through the main doors, I realise I ran all the way here and that they probably had not left the house.

Sighing, I walk up to the receptionist. She looks up at me, "You're early."

I laugh nervously, "Sorry."

She types into her computer. The white light shoots onto her face, reflecting off her glasses. The poor girl looks tired, the bags under her eyes revealing how hard she works with such a low paying job. I hope that some day things will turn around for people like Lindsey, giving her the pay she truly deserves-

Oh look she is done!

"Head through to the practice room as usual," She sighs.

"Thanks!" I begin to head round.

Strangely, I can hear music booming from the room. The faint patterns of feet can be heard, moving in time with the beat.

I get excited.

Not too long ago, I could barely put one foot in front of the other. Now I feel like a dancing machine. The way people can put their bodies in perfect sync with a beat would make anyone lose control and fall into a state of awe.

As I step through the door, I become transfixed with the brunette dancing. Before my quaking heart, Jennie Kim moves like there is no tomorrow. A giant smile plastered on her face, she free styles to Girls Generation 'I got a boy'. Quietly, she sings along to the lyrics presenting my ears with the sweetest noise I have ever been graced with. I cannot keep my eyes off of this angle of a girl. Suddenly, she stops dancing. I can no longer hear her beautiful voice and them her smile is gone.

Jennie Kim has spotted me watching her.