Chapter twenty eight

It appears my creative process is not as quick as some of you may like.
Sorry.
I will try produce chapters in the near future. But, to quench your thirst, here is some lovely filler.

_______________________________

Who knew three weeks could feel so long?

We still train together; sing, dance. I doubt she would be allowed not to. It was everything else. How little I saw of her when I was sulking, is nothing compared to how good Jennie is at avoiding me. I think the last time I saw her outside of practice was when I confessed. Which, all things considered, is an impressive amount of time to be able to avoid someone.

"Jisoo?" I look over to see Rosie staring at me, "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it..." I look down at the form she is filling in on the coffee table, "What's that?"

Reluctantly, Rosie looks away from me, instead focusing on her document, "It's the sheet we have to fill in to apply for the up coming girl group, I only got mine today."

"Oh," I filed mine in last week, I guess I just assumed everyone else had too.

Taking a proper look at her form, I notice that she has not filled in the stage name. I rest my cheek on my hand, my elbow pressing into the table top.  I smile at her, "Struggling with a name?"

"Yes," She sighs, "It's just so permanent. I mean, it will be the first thing they learn about us."

"I suppose," I look down at her form again, "I didn't think about the name too much."

The stressed girl raises an eyebrow, "What did you go with?"

I giggle, "Jisoo."

Rosie rolls her eyes, "How original."

I wave her off, "What are you trying to go for with your name?"

She leans back, "Something... refined. Memorable, different. Something people hear and get curious."

"Sounds pretty controversial for an Idol," I joke.

"Maybe," Rosie agrees, unwilling to tolerate my humour.

I hear the door open. Looking up, I see Lisa walk into the main area from her bedroom. The Thai girl smiles at me, "Hi Jisoo! Why does Rosie look like she's not slept for a month?"

"Paper work," I respond.

Lisa gives a knowing nod, making her way over to the kitchen area, "What's she stuck on?"

"Her name," I grin.

Lisa snorts, unable to control herself. Rosie snaps her head at her, her cheeks bright red. The grip on her pen tightens.

"My stage name," Rosie defends herself, "I just want it to be good," She mutters.

By this point, Lisa has gotten herself a couple glasses of water. She places one of them in front of Rosie. Lisa sips on her drink, "How do you want it?"

"Refined."

"Fancy," Lisa smiles.

"Ooh, like wine," I add.

Lisa gives me a look, "What would you know about alcohol?"

"Come on," I nervously laugh, "Movies?"

Shaking her head, Lisa looks back at Rosie. I do the same. We watch as the girl mutters to herself, "Rosie, Rose, Chaeyoung, chae, ay, Rosé, ROSÉ."

The girl jumps up, grabbing the form and racing to her bag. Leaving through the front door, Lisa snaps her focus onto me.

"Miss Kim."

"Yes," I reply nervously.

"I have noticed that yourself and Jennie are no longer talking, again."

I look at my hands, wondering if it had been so obvious. If Lisa noticed, then other people must have picked up on it too. What would they think of me?

"Jisoo?" She places her hand on mine, "You told her, didn't you?"

I nod my head. Removing her hand, she gets up and grabs her jacket.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Where are you going?"

She looks away from me, "I need to... talk to someone."

With that, Lisa leaves. Leaving me in the dorm, alone.