Chapter twenty one

Dishes are now my favourite thing to do. Sighing, I hear the bored girl sit down and pour her cereal. Quietly, she complains about how we got the wrong kind of milk again. If she wants milk, she should, I do not know, go to the shop? Lisa starts up some small talk and Jennie seems to be begrudgingly giving answers.

Maybe I should leave early. Nothing extreme, just a walk. I could stop of at the coffee shop, get a drink, say hi to George. It could work. Nothing can calm me down like a good conversation. I just need a good excuse.

"Jisoo, can you get Jennie a spoon?" Lisa calls.

"Sure," God I am an idiot.

Trying not to throw up butterflies, I take one out of the cabinet and slide it across the counter, not sure if it is the right direction or not. After, I clumsily begin to dry the dishes.

"Jisoo," Lisa sings.

"Yes?" I sigh.

"You gave her the wrong spoon," She whined.

"The wrong spoon- LISA WHAT KIND OF COMPLAINT IS THAT?" I groan.

"A pretty good one," She bounces back.

"Lisa I swear to god-"

"It's a serving spoon." Jennie sighs.

It is, it actually is. I gave her a damn serving spoon. Not in my entire life have I ever felt like such a fool, but in this moment you might as well throw rotten tomatoes at me.

Quickly, I open the drawer, take out the correct spoon and slide it across the counter, never looking over once, "Sorry," I mumble.

Silence fills the room. I return the crockery to its drawer, loudly. The China barely settles without cracking in half. between her mouthfuls of cereal, I hear Jennie sigh again. That is it, I am leaving.

I dry my hands, "Lisa I need to leave."

"Jisoo now her spoon is wet-"

"Wake up Rosie in five minutes, don't be late or our dance instructor will go crazy," I pull on my jacket.

Quickly, I grab my bag and begin to shovel in the stuff I will need for the day. I put on my shoes and head towards the door. I hear Jennie stop eating.

Lisa stands up, "Jisoo, where are you going-"

"I'm going to get coffee." I grab my keys and put them in my bag.

"Just hang on a minute, we can come with you-"

"I'm meeting someone," I lie, I hope they do not realise.

"Ooooh, who?" She giggles.

Good thing Lisa is trusting, this could have gone differently. I glance to see an unimpressed Jennie trying to stare me down. Her pretty eyes seem reminiscent of daggers and they try to plunge into me. Good thing she has a terrible aim. I wonder if she would be jealous if I said it was a guy. Let us see.

I look back at Lisa, "His name is George."

Her eyes widen, "KIM JISOO-"

I close the door and head out of the apartment.