Chapter sixteen

I roll my eyes, pushing her away and standing up, ignoring my body's clear protest. I turn to face Jennie, now sitting dumbfounded on the ground. Smirking, I walk over to the stereo and finally turn the volume down. Waiting for my ears to stop ringing, I walk back over to her.

I kneel down in front of her, "You really need to stop hurting me."

This time it is her turn to shove me to the ground. Instead of standing up, Jennie takes a breakfast bar out of her bag, unwraps it and shoves it into my mouth.

"Eat," She orders, "It's the only way your not going to look like death by lunch."

Slowly I begin to chew on the snack, giving her a questioning look as she continues to look through her bag. After a while she pulls out a chocolate bar. My eyes widen.

She looks over at me, "What?"

I finish eating the breakfast bar, "That's a chocolate bar."

She raises an eyebrow, "And?"

"We're not supposed to eat them."

"So."

I try to explain myself with noises, it does not work. I run my hands through my hair. Looking back at the chocolate bar, I sigh.

"Oh," Jennie says, "You like chocolate and follow the rules."

Eagerly, I nod my head, "Yes!"

"That explains the super market..." She looks back down at her rare treat, "I'll make you a deal, you can have half of this bar if you never get up this early ever again."

"Deal." I hold out my hand waiting for her to keep up her end of the deal.

With no hesitation, she snaps the small bar in half and places exactly three blocks, joined together, on my hand. Getting a better grip, I take my first bite of chocolate in a long while.

It is delicious. The faintly familiar taste fills my mouth making me feel more like a child on Christmas Day than a tired trainee. Soon, there is nothing left. I feel slightly bad for finishing so quickly and guilty for breaking my diet, but that is the best chocolate I have ever had.

I look up to see a weird look on Jennie's face, "Could you eat any faster?"

I smile, "You'll never know."