Chapter twenty nine

Oh, oops.

Well, at least I'm here now...

Yeah, definitely my bad for not updating, sorry.

I think this is the second last chapter so I hope you like it.

_______________________________

Snuggled under my covers, I hear the front door open. Someone is finally home. My mind instantly goes to Rosie, she was first out and only had to drop off some paperwork. I do not get up to investigate, the duvet trapping me in a cocoon of warmth and sleep.

I hear the bedroom door open, I see the light from the living room hit off the wall in front of me. The smell of concrete and rain fills me. Who is it? Luckily, a simple sigh released by the girl informs me that it is Jennie. She has been sleeping if the couch for weeks. What does she want?

"Jisoo," She whispers softly.

"I'm sleeping," I respond, is she not avoiding me?

Quietly, the door closes. I listen as she takes of her jacket, she must have forgotten to hang it up by the door. Roughly, Jennie throws her jacket onto the top bunk before kneeling down and leaning on my mattress. I do not turn to face.

"Lisa found me, I was at the KFC we went to a few weeks ago," She pauses, "George was there, he's your friend, right? Anyway, he basically said that he thought we were a thing..." I continue to ignore her, "I know you didn't tell him that," She says, "You wouldn't."

Softening, I respond, "Why was Lisa there?"

She perks up, "She was angry. Very angry. The girl started going on about how I, quote on quote, 'Left you on read but in real life.' I mean, I wasn't sure on how to respond." Jennie giggles, "And then she said why."

"Jennie, its okay-"

"It's not. If it was, I would have acted more mature."

"JISOO, WAKE UP!" Opening my eyes, I glance over at Lisa, who was currently screaming in my ear.

"What?" I groan.

"Get up, now."

"What are you talking-"

"NOW." I look at her face, noticing the worry and concern etched into it.

"Turn around, Lisa, " She does.

I climb out of bed and throw on some joggers and a jumper. I tie my hair back into a ponytail and step out of my room, Lisa close behind me.

Sitting on the couch is Rosie and our manager. I have not seen him in a while.

"Hello Mr Manager!" I smile.

He gives a weak smile, "Hello, Jisoo please sit down."

Lisa escorts me to my seat, Rosie takes my hand. Looking at them both, I notice that their faces are almost exactly the same. Odd.

"Miss Kim," The manager grabs my attention, "I have to inform you that Jennie has not been seen today."

I grow pale, "What do you mean?"

"She did not return to the company after her meeting with her fashion guide, after we contacted them, we found out that she had cancelled all  further interactions earlier today without consulting us."

My eyes narrow, "So where is she?"

He sighs, "We don't know."

I go silent. Why are they all so concerned? How did Lisa and Rosie already know? Did I do something?

I glance over at Rosie, "Why am I the last to know?"

Rosie's grip tightens. The manager sits uncomfortably. Strangely, Lisa stays calm. She turns her body to face me, "You're the closest to her, we figured that you would have been affected the most."

"How long have you known?"

Lisa leans back, "Jisoo, I-"

"Lisa," I look her directly in the eye, "How long have you known? How long has she been gone?"

"I was told on my way home, "She mutters.

Controlling my rage, I turn back to the manager, "Where have you checked?"

"That is none of your concern." He frowns, "I need you to remain calm, we told you this so you wouldn't get worried in the morning."

"Congratulations, I'm worried now. Where have you checked?" I feel tears well in my eyes.

The manager gets up, "You're clearly just tired, I will contact you tomorrow. Do not leave this apartment until I permit you to."

With that, he leaves. I get up and throw on a Jacket, grabbing my purse and keys. I stretch my arms, "Don't mind me, just going out for a little walk."

Lisa groans, "Come on Jisoo, just go to bed, they know what they're doing."

"I wish I could believe that." I reply, devoid of emotion, "But I need to look for myself, I'll be back soon."

Rosie turns me to face her, "Do as he says, Jisoo. We both know that she's not worth it." Her grip on me tightens again, her eyes filled with unspoken thoughts, "Please stay."

I carefully remove her hand, "You stay, I'm going to bring her back here."

I make my way to the exit, moving Lisa out of the way as I do. I open the door.

"Jisoo, it's not you're fault," Rosie calls, desperate, "She chose to leave."

"Maybe," I leave the dorm and make my way outside.