Chapter twelve

"Why?" Jennie whines.

I try tugging her off to no avail, "Jennie, let go."

"No, we're talking," She drags me back to the counter and makes me sit down.

"We need to go to sleep," I yawn.

"Sleep is boring," Jennie mutters.

"We've got training," I sigh.

"I'd rather stay home," She admits.

We sit there in silence. Her eyes slowly open and close and open and close. I look down and my hands -still slightly wrinkled from the dishes- and clasp them together, praying for something else to say so we can go to sleep. Soon it hits me.

"Do you have any motivation?" I turn to face her.

She looks back, "Maybe..."

Once again, silence envelops is. I just stare at her tired features, wondering what god could make something so beautiful. If I had a clue what that meant, I would respond accordingly, sadly I have no idea. I bet it is the receptionist, most people at YG have a thing for Lindsey. I doubt Jennie really cares about me anyway, there better people than me. I will never have a chance with her.

"Then you better look pretty for it in the morning," I walk to our bedroom door trying to hide the sadness in my voice, "Bed time."

As I collapse into the bottom bunk, I hear the door open. I roll over and pretend to be asleep.

Quietly, the pattering of feet can be heard going up the ladder and the soft shuffles of blankets as she begins to settle.

A small smile grows on my face as her breathing slows and she enters the realms of sleep. Hopefully she will be well rested.