Chapter thirteen

Hi. I understand that these openers and closer are annoying and repetitive, but I do have a reason! Do you like this story? I know this is an old, desperate question but I am genuinely curious.

Is the tone weird? Is the character development off? Is it progressing to fast or too slow? I have no idea.

It would be very helpful if you told me considering this is the first story I've written that hasn't been proof read by someone else.

In other words, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

***

The next few weeks feel the same: I wake up to an empty room, spend the day with Rosie and Lisa, pick groceries with Jennie, eat with Rosie and Lisa, then I convince Jennie to go to sleep after doing the dishes. I must admit, it has been really annoying.

The same routine for too long would make anyone go mad, I am furious. Jennie finally got on first name basis with Lindsey and now they are best friends. Good for her. It is not like I am the one who took you in and put up with your complaints.

On top of that, Rosie has already noticed a change in me, constantly questioning me to try figure out what is wrong. What should I tell her? 'Oh nothing really! I just have a thing for your number one enemy!' That would never work.

I snack on another crisp in the bowl on the counter. Every aspect of my life feels different. Well, I still get up and I still eat squid but something is still different. I sigh, exasperated on the couch. I lie there acting like a toddler, it does not make a difference now anyway.

Slightly concerned, Lisa looks up at me, "What is it, Jisoo?"

"My life is over," I declare, "I am simply unlovable."

Lisa moves over, forcing me to sit up. She flicks my forehead, "Stop being a baby, that's my job, what happened?"

Instead of avoiding the question like I have been with Rosie, I tell Lisa everything.

I tell Lisa how I felt when I first laid eyes on Jennie, when I first saw her dance, when we first spoke, how it amazing the feeling of her hand in mine was. By the end, it is safe to say Lisa is a bit overwhelmed.

"Jisoo, you've got some relatable struggles," Lisa laughs.

"Uhhhhhhhhhh, I know."

We calmly sit there exchanging problems and solutions when Rosie walks in. The second she sees Lisa she races over and gives her a hug, "Sorry I'm late."

Happily, Lisa hugs her back, "It's alright, I know how hard you work."

Smiling, I pass Rosie the remains of the food Lisa and I were eating, "Did you get anything recorded?"

"Yes!" She lets go of Lisa and hops over to sit next to me, "They managed to finish the demo and they're going to show it to the CEO!"

Both Rosie and Lisa scream in excitement, while I just smile. At least someone is having a good day.