Chapter ten

Training was tense. Tenser than yesterday. I am starting to think that Rosie and Jennie are born to fight.

The first one was when we started, Jennie hogged the dance again. The second was during singing practice, Rosie hit Jennie in the neck. The third was at lunch, the cafeteria is still cleaning up. Last, there is right now, the two girls are arguing about who knows what while Lisa cowers behind me.

I really have lost interest in their endless squabbling. I simply stand and watch them. We were supposed to leave fifteen minutes ago. Jennie still has to buy our dinner.

Behind me, a hand squeezes my shoulder, "Can we go now?"

Lisa rests her head on my shoulder to illustrate her exhaustion. As much as I want to say yes, I know the truth.

"Sorry, Lisa," I sigh, "We can't leave without them, security would not be happy," I chuckle lightly.

Grumbling, she walks out from behind me and grabs Rosie's wrist, "We're leaving."

Marching, Lisa leaves the building, Rosie stumbling behind her.

Perplexed by the sudden change in tone, Jennie turns to me speechless. She seems to be expecting me to side with her, nope.

"Don't look so confused, you have to buy dinner," I walk past her.

She groans, "I thought you were joking."

"Too bad," I take Her freezing hand, "I'll show you where it is and what to pick up."

"Do you have to hold my hand?" She wines as we walk out of the building.

"Yes," I respond, "If I don't, you will likely run off and leave me to buy them myself."

"Good point," She responds, "You could let us put our jackets on first, it's cold."

"Aww, does Jennie need to wear her jacket in case she gets a cold?" I laugh.

"NO," Her cheeks turn a light shade of red.

Silence falls between us as we walk to the store. The bright light annoys me as we walk through the door. Hey that rhymed!

Quickly, we walk around, collecting the things we need, barely taking time to stop. As much as I wish we could, Jennie insisted that we do not hold hands inside the store. As we pass the fish section, I decide it is best for me not to pick up my favourite snack.

"Aren't you going to get squid?" Jennie asks.

"Uh... no. Not today," I try to walk but she grabs my wrist.

"You go through a lot of squid."

"I just thought that since your paying-"

"-Get the bloody squid." Jennie continues walking, leaving me to grab the cheap squid and run after her.

"Here," I dump it into the basket.

Just then, we pass the confectionary section. Jennie seems set on the cash register so all I can do is follow behind her. Still, my eyes travel back to my favourite isle.

"What is it?" Jennie snaps.

"N-nothing," I quickly look away and take the shopping bags, "Let's get back."

Walking out of the store, I take in a deep breath. That was more difficult than I thought. 

After a minute, Jennie speaks, "Hurry up then."