Chapter 1 -Regrets-

Chapter 1 -Regrets-

Her P.O.V.

"Your last kill Knives, are you really sure your retiring" my partner Stray, said before squeezing the pistol he handed me.

"Wanna... rest" I stiffly said before softly taking the gun, I heard his sigh and I didn't ask as its not my task to take note of his behavior.

I opened the door of our van and put the gun on the straps of my clothes.

"He's making the transaction in his car, make it clean" He radioed before I visualize the map on my head that were given to us for this mission.

I reached my destination, but somethings not right as the rain started to pour nevertheless its still very silent making it more eerie than its supposed to be.

I opened the door of the car, and like what my instincts have been telling me my superior was there.

'You lived to kill and follow orders' those words echoed on my head as I'm loking at him, "Knives" he smiled.

"Director" acknowledging his greetings, I finally understood why my partner, my partner and only friend handed me an empty magazine for my pistol.

I felt the cold touch of the gun rested at the back of my head.

"You have to be killed, Knives..." he stopped before continuing "I begged you so many times Knives... I'm so sorry" My killer -Stray- unexpectedly choked on his words.

"Why?" I voice out the question not to my partner but to my superior.

"Because you are growing emotions that someone like you must not have" his eyes slanted while he grinned before signaling Stray.

Time slowed down.

I know I'm a robot or perhaps a puppet that the organization control, though I clearly did my best, being the number one killer/assassin the world have ever known.

But now even the Director want me dead, I wonder if I didn't develop the curiosity to such things would the organization still let me retire... maybe.

I felt an unfamiliar heavy burden on my chest as I clench the light gun, 'I lived to kill' I thought as flashbacks of those reddened bodies scattered on the wet cemented floor came in mind, the feeling of hollowness and coldness enveloped my body.

But now I'm wondering, what am I living for?

No one loves me... I know that.. Though I have Stray to accompany me, he's just my replacement.

In those books they say that emotions can overpower us... But I don't really understand that factor...

Then what am I feeling right now?

Perhaps.. Pity for myself... Or... Sadness...? Maybe..

I don't have anyone to care if I die.

And

That will love me or have care for me..

Still I'm wondering why his hands were shaking and sniffles can be heard from him, is he scared, sad, angry or just happy.

"Stray... Its okay" I dont know what made my voice tremble, maybe its the coldness of the rain or the dampness of my clothes.

"I'm so sorry... teacher" an ear piercing bang resounded before a thud.

Ahhh he finally called me teacher after 5 years of teaching him.

.....29 years of living alone and not knowing what are emotions and love... And just know that I lived to kill and follow orders from the organisation.... Is finally over.

But I truly regret being alone...

Maybe if I just escape or find someone that would care for me, maybe I'll experience what love is.

........

[EDITED prt 2]

Yup guys this the official edited version tht i've been talking about, so the content did change drastically, and the first chapter is much longer than the previous one, I hope all of you will like the nxt chapters that I will edit.

And i will remind you all that many chapters will be added because many things are supposed to happen and honestly i did rush this novel. Hhahaha jokes on me.