Chapter 2 -Married Off-

Her P.O.V

"I'm sure she's dead" a squeak of a voice exclaimed, "are you sure were not going to get punished by this? She's supposed to be the replacement for the first miss" a trembling voice followed.

"Tch... The burden of another mouth to feed is the wish our lord..." the voice hissed before continuing "You lazy shit! Get up!!" I was nudge awake of the owner of the voice before I could process on what is going on, unfamiliar memories began to register in my mind.

This body's name is Zhong Jing Hua, a proclaimed trash of the prestigious family Zhong, though she's proclaimed to be a beauty but she's rumored to be a flower vase. Beauty without brains and also the reason why she's always bullied by her maids, cousins, and aunts.

With her parent's death untimely death, she's left with an empty title as the first miss of the family, with loneliness being inevitable to the point she also indulge herself on fantasising beautiful men and also a pursuer of true love, due to that she died with the negligence of her maids that just steal and verbally abuse her.

I released a heavy sigh before I realize how similar I am to the owner of this body, nevertheless Jing Hua is an idiot a very annoying one for hanging on to the hope that what she's experiencing is normal...

After those thoughts were finished two maids barged inside and froze.

"Ahhhh, I.. I... How?"

"Y-you.... Y-you're alive?" She think I'm dead?

I sized her up, and noticed the clothes she's on, a traditional Chinese clothes, she squeak while the other one trembled and became a mute, I didn't bother listening ro her chatter as my eyes roam the room.

The smell of the incense stick invaded my sense of smell, the intricate and delicate design of the room makes me reminisce my time in China one time for a mission, the paper like lanterns and the golden mirror, a vanity table and a bowl with an already spoiled soup.

But a question is still bugging me, why am I here? How am I here?

.... For a couple of minutes there is silence.

"...Minister Zhong wants you to go in the main hall" annoyed she walked out like she was the master and I am the servant, while the trembling maid trailed after her shooting me a glance before bowing and left.

When their out of sight I search for my memory on who is this Minister Zhong,

He is the self proclaimed head of the Zhong manor when her mother and father was killed by the bandits and mostly known as an old sly fox who schemes for power and money

He also don't care about Zhong Jing Hua even if she dies or lives, he only cared about Jing Hua's inheritance and the possibility of her taking back her rightful place on the manor.

........

My feet subconsciously made its way to the main hall, and when I saw the door of the hall, my body shivered and my palms suddenly began to sweat, this is not my reaction at all as I feel empty, so I came to conclude that such behavior is from the former owner of the body. 

When the servants saw of silhouette tapped the door and announced my arrival

"Third young miss Zhong Jing Hua!!"

When I entered the room, all of my cousins, aunts, and uncles were there.

As expected they just gave me a disgusted look.

"Huh! You're still alive" my first aunt whispered, snorting after, mocking my very existence.

I don't need to know the emotions on her eyes, as the actions itself is an answer for me.

When the others heard her comment they laugh, treating me like a clow .

Pity... I could snap your necks without blinking.. I thought.

"Ehem.... Let me get to the point Jing Hua" the room became quiet, but I could clearly see the smirks and snickers they are making.

The one who spoke just now was the old sly fox.

"You're going to marry Duke Feng, be prepared... You're lucky Jing Hua" I clearly could tell that the last sentence is a lie.

Before he dismissed me he said that I would be married off tomorrow at my 16th birthday.

*******

[EDITED]