Chapter 5 -The Duke-

Her P.O.V.

Reading and learning are completely different from applying it into your daily life, add the fact that I'm being neglected by the maids, when I'm supposed to be the one who manages the whole manor, still grateful that the job is handled b the steward because I'm not confident with my own skills.

To adapt I always snuck out the manor at night and tried getting into different districts of this new unknown world, the streets were complimented by different ethnicity more apparent at night because of the many selection of entertainment, from gambling to the pleasure of the body, mercenaries decorated the street as I've later that this part of the empire is near the ports where many merchants and criminals comes and goes for business.

Naturally as I have gotten used to my new body I readapted myself to my former world, I thought I would never go back on being a killer, no wait now being a mercenary but its a given since its the only thing I knew, surviving is the only best option I have right now since it looks like the Duke have completely forgotten about me.

Since then a month have passed

I softly landed on my feet as I enter my room late morning, maybe pass 8, this is the time my breakfast were delivered.

Unexpectedly a knock resounded, this is new, the maids never knock for three weeks.

"Wang Fei, the Duke wants you in the main hall" when she was done she run so fast like someone's chasing her.

I could still feel the fatigue from my new body as I think about what the man is up to, I'm a little complacent to what his agenda is, first he married me but neglected almost forgotten, didn't give me the reigns to manage the manor, didn't visit the room for me to produce an heir, in short he didn't demand me anything, as far as the knowledge I've gathered the man is actually  the Prince of Feng Empire, the black sheep and the youngest, still being supported by his father Emperor to take on the crown, in political sense it doesn't really make sense for him to marry me, in the very least I could only come up to the rumors I heard to the people in the streets that he only married Jing Hua for the sake of mocking the princess of this Empire or maybe this is one of the schemes of his opponents.

......

It took me half an hour to finally put on the bundle of white cloak like dresses they called clothes, and even in the end didn't even bother braiding or styling my hair, I just clip a hair pin to my hair so I would look like a person.

The destination was pretty simple withe blueprint that I previously obtained in my venturing in the library.

The maid announced my arrival and the big doors was opened.

I took a quick glance, but digested the unfamiliar look on their faces yet quite similar to what I receive from my previous life when I walk down the organization's halls, I think stray calls it disgust, but I never grasp what's the meaning nor the reason behind those reactions.

As quick I glanced I bowed down so low my chin almost met my throat.

The fatigue and exhaustion from the new body have completely taken over resulting for me to not even make a single sound at my arrival.

I could here the giggles of the women that complimented the hall, from my side view I could see their bright outfits and make ups.

They almost look like the geisha's from the movie I watched at my former life, but less classy more vulgarity because of their situation to attract the man in power.

"So you are Jing Hua?" I could feel a tingling sensation, that's new never encounted that one before.

Is this really the Duke? His voice is big but very manly and also very young, I doubted my own ears and scrunched my brows, something's not right.

I was in the middle of making my conclusion when I felt someone about to grab my arm.

I swiftly dodge it by stepping back.

"How dare you deny me!?" He is in rage and going to hit me when I move an inch backing up, dodging it again, this time the face of a man face turning red came into mind, I look up and the image match the Duke's face

He has a very captivating eyes that has red glint on it, thin lips, straight brows, jawline to be reckoned with, and an undeniable aura, but still a little offset from what I expected

When he saw me he was suddenly stunned, and I knew it.

****

[EDITED]

YES! a 800 plus word chapter, I think I need to write more words per chapter cause writing up to 500 to 600 words is a little stale for a chapter to be published, and this do make you improve.

I did change a lot for this chapter, rereading it makes me reminisce on how limited my vocabulary as a 14 yr old, I do admit that my words are still limited but writing is a working progress its not like I could be just be good at it at a matter of days.

Oki so imma go now and edit some more, hope you enjoy the edited version!!!