Vol 2. Chapter 64 -Complications-

Author's P.O.V.

*blurgh

The sun is just about to rise when sounds of suffering could be heard in the Empress' room.

"THAT ROUGE EMPEROR!!!" Knives shouted while holding her bucket.

Her routine for the past 3 days abruptly changed, because of her sudden pregnancy, in these days you could imagine how our Emperor suffered with Knives throwing quiet a fit, after all with her two lives combined its still her first time having a child inside her womb.

At first Aiko and the other's thought that their Empress took the news well, because of her calmness though that's not really the case.

*tok tok tok

"Hua'er?" The voice could be heard behind the door, he sound anxious.

Not realizing that its the 'Rouge' Emperor, Knives unconsciously mutter a 'come in'.

With Knives turned back she didn't notice the worried and tired look on the Emperor's face, nevertheless you could see that their is a faint smile on his lips clearly indicating that he was happy. Though after a few minutes his brows furrow, the room is filled with the sakura scent, and he hated that scent 'cause it reminded him of his wife's comatouse state, after all when his wife is sleeping her body unconsciously emits the scent of the said flower.

With these thoughts on his mind he immediately run towards his wife and hugged her.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" She stuttered, feeling flusttered and previous anger finally thrown to the window.

"Tell me something..." he hanged his word before hugging her body the continued, "do you... love me... Hua'er?"

Hearing the unfamilliar name coming out Jin's mouth, Knives chest started to throb once again.

Its true that she never said that she love her even when the prince is continuosly saying that he love her while their doing it, but hearing that name makes her... agitated? Scared? Or maybe anxious, she feel mixed emotion about this matter.

After a minute or two, Jin finally noticed her strange behaviour. Her whole body is stiff, while you could hear the gritting of her teeth, knowing that she feel pressured he just hugged her tight and helplessly whispered.

"I love you... You don't have to answer... I know that you feel the same too" These words is like knives piercing to her heart.

"Hua'er~" he lovingly called, a smile on his face, on the other hand the woman on his embrace have this guilty expression on her face.

I'm not Hua'er, she thought.