Male!Reader x Gurren Lagann - The Next Generation - Prologue

Just a little something I whipped up in celebration of 100 views on this work. It's not a big milestone, but a milestone nonetheless. 

This story's premise is set on an idea I developed on what  would happen after the main storyline of Gurren Lagann ends, and is a story I will update on every significant view/vote/chapter count milestone of this collection. The story is more or less a mix of crossover and my artistic persona, Greencube the Ascended Anti-Spiral's original universe.

And I assume most of ya folks have watched that shit. If you haven't, I am surprised. If you haven't, spoilers involving the story are ahead.

Now, enjoy the story and pierce the heavens with your drill! -SgtGreencube

You were an aspiring mechanic, specifically one that knew how to make Gunmen, the Spiral Energy-powered mechas that people used to do all sorts of things, from construction to combating hostile aliens (which were surprisingly plentiful alongside unfriendly beastmen). 

And you had a Gunmen of your own, of course. You had chosen to pay homage to the legendary Gurren Lagann in its design, specifically the Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann. This version you had developed was only slightly larger than a common one-man Gunman and had some color palette changes. Its darker armor parts were now a darker black, the turquoise parts from which you could create drills were now a darker purple, its tan parts were now a shiny metallic silver and its head was a golden color like the drills, which were slightly smaller than the original model. The glasses were also slightly altered, being simpler in design, resembling the original glasses worn by the hero known as Kamina, who lived a long time ago and sacrificed his life for his blood brother, Simon, the hero who had stopped the Anti-Spiral's schemes. The other prominent change was the addition of tank treads on the limbs and an dragon's face in its abdomen.

You called this gunman of yours "Kingann"after its prominent golden colors and your oddly-coloured golden Spiral Energy. You had heard of this odd phenomenon of people having differently-colored Spiral Energy  instead of the commonplace green, but it seems there was little to no difference in what the energy would do depending on its color.

One day, you were performing some minor maintenance on your gunman when a warning blared through your town. 

ENEMY GUNMEN DETECTED AT TOWN OUTSKIRTS. COUNT 10, CLOSING IN RAPIDLY. 

"Alright!" you said, fired up about the opportunity to try out your Gunman out for the first time.

You quickly hopped into the Gunman's cockpit and activated the systems. Yeah, you had no blood brother of your own or a lot of friends, but you had the can-do attitude that had managed to land you a good life through hard work. 

"Kingann, let's roll!" you said as the Spiral Energy reservoirs of the machine started filling up with your fiery fighting spirit. 

"Kehahaha, look at them run!" a beastman operating a Gunman said as he fired at a caravan of people. 

"Someone, help us!" a man said as he tried his best to avoid the gunfire.