Kurona Yasuhisa x Male!Reader

This story was made before Tokyo Ghoul :re ended and many things were still unclear in their conclusion, so it's effectively an AU story now. That is all.

After the various happenings that caused the Dragon to appear and also disappear, the aftermath was destructive. Countless humans and ghouls had met their demise, even after CCG began to cooperate with Goat, a ghoul organization led by Ken Kaneki, the One-Eyed King. Moreso, several million civilians had been killed, and this in conjunction with the former Bureau Director Kichimura's extermination of almost all ghouls had led to a rapid dip in Tokyo's population in general. 

Also, it turns out that Kaneki had been turned into the Dragon, the titanic centipede-monster that had caused the most civilian casualties in its rampage. And when he, as the Dragon, had been stopped, it turned out that he had seemingly burnt out his one-eyed ghoul physiology. His body had decayed at a rapid rate after he was separated from the kakuja, leading to his early death. His death's aftermath had devastated the ranks of Goat, but had brought to light the fact that the problems caused by ghouls were initially caused by man's discrimination against their sole natural predator in an act of defiance against the natural order of things. 

This had led to a great deal of societal changes, including ghouls being given basic rights and various operations being started to provide food for the considerably weakened ghoul population of Tokyo. 

The strangest change was what CCG called the "Ghoul Reintegration Program", GRP in short, which was a project that the formerly strictly ghoul-exterminating organization created as a means of helping various ghouls, many of them former members of ghoul organizations, reintegrate into society. The program would have a ghoul, usually a former member of the Aogiri Tree or other aggressive ghoul organization, get paired with a human, usually CCG agents or volunteers, who would supervise the ghoul and eventually decide if they were fit to be set free. In other words, it was a form of probation for ghouls that was made to help willing convicted ghouls live peaceful lives. 

The program was on unstable grounds, but had seen success, with ghouls leaving their violent pasts behind and settling down for a peaceful life in Tokyo, even if ghouls were still being discriminated against and some ghouls refused to believe in peace. 

And where do you fit in all of this?

You were an average human of 23 years of age and worked in the CCG as a Rank 1 Investigator. You had a fair deal of experience, but not in the same way a good deal of your comrades did. You had participated in various operations, but had never been part of any significant fights, such as the Rushima Landing Operation. This lack of experience in fighting large groups of ghouls was compensated for by the fact you had a fair deal of experience in fighting high-rated ghouls,usually varying from A to S and a few cases of SS-rated ghouls. You had usually done so alongside a Senior Investigator, varying between First Class investigators and your ward's head of operations, who was an Associate Special Class investigator. 

In other words, while you were not known for being a powerful fighter, you were known as a trusted partner and wingman by the Senior Investigators of your ward.

However, after the Ghoul Reintegration Program began, you had been relocated to be one of the many investigators who would supervise ghouls that had been put on parole or probation. You hadn't had any ghouls assigned to you yet, but your superior told you that you would more than likely have to host someone soon enough. 

You were going through files, like usual. After the changes to society and whatnot, a good deal of your and your comrades' work came mostly filework, as the ghouls in your ward happened to be the sort who just wanted to live their life in peace. You didn't mind it, as it left you with more free time without cutting too much off of your decent wage.