[Kantai Collection] Saratoga x Male!Reader

Fluffier nonsense because the guy who requested this on DA asked for it.

You were just an average bloke, working as a bartender in a relatively active pub near your hometown's docks. Of course, like almost all businesses that were sufficiently close to sea, had difficulties working when the Abyssal Fleet appeared and started pelting the coastline with cannonfire and machine guns. And then wrecking houses by crashing into them. 

Either way, while most men almost jumped at the opportunity to protect their hometown in the army, you decided to stay back in town and try to help the community to the best of your ability, which mostly meant helping people into the underground shelters and hunkering down yourself while the shipgirls fought the Abyssal Fleet. 

Because shipgirls were a thing now. You were utterly confused upon seeing one being docked at your town's ports, not expecting them to be cute girls waging war against seemingly alien creatures and cute, but pale-skinned girls that were somehow connected to the toothed warmachines. 

But eventually the pale-skinned menace was quelled and people were able to go back to their normal, peaceful lives. The only thing that really changed was that since the admirals that led the navy had gotten extremely attached to their new shipgirl waifus and couldn't bear the thought of decommissioning them and sending them to the scrapyard. 

This had marked a change in your everyday routines, as these shipgirls were then given hosts all over the nation and they would proceed to move in and live their lives with these new hosts. 

And each future host for one of these girls were sent a letter with a query that asked the participant, willing or unwilling, about themselves. You had filled in the form, as you were a goodhearted person and didn't want to see an innocent girl all alone on the streets because of you. Sending the filled form in the mail, you later received a text message, as the form had requested your phone number, to come to the docks to come pick up the girl who had been picked for you. 

So there you were, having just arrived to the docks on your motorcycle. You noticed a sign that said "Shipgirl Demobilization Project Host Registration" with an arrow pointing at one of the warehouses, where you could see a small line of people walking to and out of, with various shipgirls in tow. One unfortunate guy was apparently now the host for a whole squad of shipgirls, all of them little girls dressed in white sailor uniforms. You were slightly concerned as to just what sort of shipgirl, and how many of them at that, you would be the host of. 

You headed to the warehouse, where you then waited in line for your turn. The line was long, but moved along reasonably fast, so it took only around fifteen minutes for your turn to come. 

At the table sat a calm, but calculated-looking man in a uniform, who gestured you to take a seat. 

"Alright, name and social number." 

You complied and gave him your name and social number, also handing over your passport.

"Mhm. Right..." he mumbled as he shuffled through the list of names he had. After a while, he wrote something down on the list before handing you your passport and a paper. 

"Head on over to the waiting room. The girl you were assigned to will arrive shortly. Fill in the form I gave you with her once she arrives." the man said. 

"Thank you sir." you said to him before walking over to the assortment of chairs not too far away. 

You sat around while watching how various shipgirls and people met up and headed over to the next checkpoint. It was quite unnerving to feel like you were somewhat forced into this and had no way to tell what would happen to you.