1 ~ Visiting The Grave

Written on: 19-06-2018
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was late at night, and team Natsu had just finished a job. They had to protect a sacred statue from harm with an opening's ceremony, without causing panic, trouble, or destroying anything. All seemed to go fine, but none the less things got destroyed, eventually even the statue, thanks to Natsu, and Lucy. They were fighting against two enemies, but when they made a blow the two hadn't seen coming, they got slammed into the statue, knocked it over, and it then broke.

The team just hoped they could get away with this, seen the fact that they had protected the people from the enemies... Lucy was taking a different train than the others. She wanted to go to her parent's graves, and tell them what happened, hoping for a sign that all will be okay.

Natsu insisted on bringing her home, since he didn't like it when girls, especially Lucy, had to go home alone at this hour. He knew Wendy would be fine, since she was a Sky Dragon Slayer, plus, she had Erza and Gray with her. And when she had to go to Fairy Hills, Erza would be with her until they both reached their dorms INSIDE.

Erza could take care of herself; she was the queen of the Fairies. Gray was strong enough to take care of himself as well. Those three always had each other's backs, so no need to worry about them.

Lucy sat down in front of her mother's grave, her head facing the ground. ''Hey mom...'' She mumbled softly, not knowing how to begin. Natsu walked to a nearby tree and leaned against it, waiting for Lucy. He gave her her space, so she could say whatever she wanted to say, without him eavesdropping.

''You know, I'm really scared...'' She continued, and layed a hand on her lap, still facing the ground. She wouldn't dare to face her mother's grave, nor her father's.

''You know that I always tell you about the crazy adventures I have with the guild, right? The council always get angry, but master always finds a way that they would let it slide. But this time, I don't think he can, and that Natsu and I have brought trouble upon their shoulders... You see, we knocked over a sacred statue, and I'm scared they'll go after the guild, or after Natsu and I...'' Lucy mumbled. She sighed, and slowly stood up.

''I'm hoping for the best. Would you two please watch over me?'' She asked, and was greeted with a small breeze. She looked up at the sky, and smiled sadly.

She then took a deep breath, and faced Natsu, who was asleep. Lucy laughed, and slowly walked towards him. But in the distance, she saw a lot of soldiers and generals. Lucy then knew this wouldn't turn out good, but she tried to stay positive.

At least they wouldn't go after the guild, but just after them, who caused all of this. Still, she rather took it all upon herself, and that they would let Natsu go. But that, wasn't going to happen.

She could fight back if she wanted, but she was scared they'd do something to her guildmembers. And so, she sat down, in front of her parents' graves, waiting for what was going to come.

And boy, it wasn't pretty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nina: Alright, I'm going to write this, but I'm still kinda lonely here... Hmmm...

Wendy: Hey Nina-san! I'm really excited for what you are going to make of this story!

Nina: It's just Nina for you, pre-timeskip, we're basically both 14. And are you sure you're excited? Have you read the full description?

Wendy: *reads the whole description* Nevermind... *Walks away*

Nina: HEY WAIT FOR ME!! *Chases Wendy to the Fairy Tail guild*

______________________________

These are some rankings the book got, and I'm proud of them:

#13 in Lucyheartfilia (out of 1.5K stories)
#37 in Natsu (out of 3.3K stories)
#107 in Fairytail (out of 9.5K stories)
#44 in Lucy (out of 3.4K stories)
#349 in Adventure (out of 25.8K stories)
#64 in NaLu (out of 4.2K stories)
#502 in Anime (out of 26.4K stories)
#32 in Natsudragneel (out of 1.6K stories)
#551 in Fantasy (out of 27.6K stories)
#63 in fantasy-romance (out of 1.2K stories)

Of course, these are not all the tags/rankings the book got, but these are just the ones I'm proud of the most :)