7 ~ Lucy's Hell: Bright Light

Written on: 16-07-2018
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was silent for a moment, before Lucy's chains started to make soft sounds. Natsu looked up, not really irritated, but more out of curiosity. He saw Lucy. She had goosebumps on her arms and purple lips.

''I miss the sun...'' She suddenly said. Natsu mentally nodded to himself. There wasn't a day that Lucy wouldn't go outside.

''Are you cold?'' Natsu suddenly asked, and Lucy looked up. She rolled her eyes and forced a small chuckle. She then nodded her head, confirming Natsu's thought.

Natsu then slowly stood up, and walked to Lucy. He then started tugging at the chains, trying to break her free. Lucy didn't tell him to stop, but somewhere deep in her head she knew he'd fail, since he was still in pain. Lucy looked up at the chains, seeing that Natsu's hands retreated after a few minutes.

''Sorry, Lucy...'' He mumbled. Lucy chuckled, and looked back up at the chains. She blinked, and smiled a little.

''I think you lossened it, no need to apologize!'' She said. She tried to find a good angle to yank her hand out of the cuff, but after she saw that Natsu took a nap, she took a break, and hung her head low.

She thought back about the mission. How had this gone so wrong?! She closed her eyes, and accidentaly fell asleep, dreaming of what had happened.

''Natsu! Erza! Gray! Lucy! Wendy! Get over here, please,'' Master called to the team, who was standing in front of the request board, picking out a job. They turned around to see master, watching them like a hawk. He held one single piece of paper in his hand, and clenched it tightly.

Erza was the first one to walk to their master, the others following soon after. Master handed Erza the job, who eyed it suspiciously. Master sighed, as he thought of all the possibilities of what could go wrong if he were to send them on this job.

Erza quickly read through it, as she gasped, and handed it to Gray and Lucy, who looked at it at the same time. Lucy looked around the people of the guild. ''Why us?'' She asked, once team Natsu had read the paper. Master simply shrugged at the question, not knowing it himself.

''I have no clue. I could think of so many other people to ask for this job, like Laxus, Mirajane, Lisanna, Levy, probably Gajeel, Jett, Droy, even Juvia, or rather Freed, but they just had to ask for the most destructive team of the guild...'' He answered simply, looking at the people he just named.

Everyone nodded their heads. Lucy's eyes started to sparkle. ''I'm sure this is going to be a lot of fun! We get to be famous after we finished this job! Just imagine, our names written in thousands of newspapers!'' Lucy said, and hugged Wendy, who chuckled.

''I think it is already an honor to help the council!'' The bluenette simply answered, polite as ever.

''Good luck, Sky Dragon!'' Gajeel said, as he patted her repeatedly and hard on her back. Carla eventually slapped him in his face with her tail.

Then everything went pretty quick. They just went on that mission, fought off the badguys, but just before the last two were defeated, they shot a blast at the statue, at the same time Lucy and Natsu shot fire arrows at them.

The fire arrows defeated them succesfully, however, Natsu and Lucy were able to dodge the blast, it directly hitting the statue. It literally pulled the two in the be attack. When the smoke cleared, it looked like Lucy and Natsu were the ones that pushed it over.

Lucy was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the lock, as a lot of guards came in their cell, unlocked Lucy's cuffs and took her away from a struggling Natsu, that was trying to escape the other guards that held him down to prevent him from reaching Lucy, who wasn't scared. She only looked back at him with determination.

''Natsu,'' She only said, as the world seemed to slow down. Natsu's eyes widened as Lucy gave him a smile and a wink. ''Don't worry. I'll be fine,'' she said, as Natsu stopped struggling, and the guards dragged Lucy away.

She was going to find a way to escape, at least she hoped so. She could then find out where they were, find her friends, and tell them to save Natsu. It was the perfect plan, only... She was put on a chair with all kinds of spikes getting pushed in her soft skin. They didn't exactly pierce through, more like, push to the point where it would leave a mark for 6 seconds, and then vanish.

The guards were messing with a machine, what Lucy didn't know of. She just stared at them blankly. She wasn't going to say a word. Not a number, not even hint something with body language.

''Now, maybe you are more willing to help us than your salmon-haired friend. Now where are your three other teammates?'' Zin asked, as he motioned for Vowine to ready the machine if necessary. It was like a habit of Zin, because, he too, slowly moved closer to Lucy face. Lucy's feet weren't strapped to the chair, and she smirked.

Just when he was close enough that he couldn't see anything but her face, she quickly let him trip by swiftly kicking his ankles, causing him to fall on the ground. She stuck out her tongue. ''Like I'll tell you anything!'' She said.

Zin growled as he motioned for Vowine to activate the machine, which she did gladly.

Pain.

Blinding pain surged through her body as she screamed in agony. She was sure that it was loud enough for the whole... Wherever they were, to be heared. They were electrocuding her. It was beyond imagination. It suddenly all stopped, as she tried to catch her breath. Deep, loud and slow, was she gasping for air.

She couldn't think anymore. ''Changed your mind, fairy?'' He asked, as Lucy spit out some blood on his white shirt.

''Yeah right. Only for them to be killed for something they didn't do? I'd rather die,'' Lucy said, trying to smirk, without avail.

Zin rolled his eyes, as he saw the red stain on his beautiful, and very pricy new shirt. He went with his hand through his hazelnut brown hair, as his red eyes glared at her, and then he pouted. ''As you wish,'' He then simply said.

Lucy didn't get the chance to respond, because the chair hummed to life, now on full power. It was even more painful than the first time, as she tasted her own blood in her mouth before she blacked out into the sweet, merciful darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wendy: Poor Lucy-san... I really hope she's gonna be okay...

Nina: WENDY YOU'RE BACK! *Hugs her tightly*

Wendy: H-Hey! Whats with the hugging in all of a sudden?!

Nina: It was horrible! I had to talk to Natsu the whole time!

Wendy: Because? I'm your chatbuddy!

Nina: I know, but you were still paralyzed!

Wendy: No I wasn't, I just went to get some food with Erza-san...

Nina: Oh.