10 ~ Natsu's Resolve

Written on: 31-07-2018
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy woke up back in the cell. She hissed in pain, and then found out both stabwounds were stitched. However it still hurt, Sock probably did it roughly. She then thought of someone: Natsu. He took all those beatings for her!

''Natsu!'' She yelled softly, but received no reply. No movement, nothing. Panic slowly started to rise. It was nothing like Natsu to ignore her just like that.

''Natsu, hey, please answer me...'' Lucy asked softly, looking at Natsu's pale figure. She then realized they didn't chain her back up, and so she limped over to the pinkette's figure.

''Natsu, do something! Yell! Growl! Twitch! Do something!'' Lucy shouted, shaking his leg weakly, while the other held her stomach. She slid down the wall again, and hung her head low in defeat.

''Natsu, you can't be dead... Please don't be... I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Master will kill us when I tell them you died! Gray will be sad he lost his best friend! Master will be devastated, just like everyone else! Erza will be heartbroken, Wendy... She can't take the guilt of leaving us two alone! SO DON'T DIE ON ME OR HER OR ANYONE ELSE!'' Lucy shouted, tears falling from her eyes.

Natsu stirred. He then smiled weakly at Lucy. The blonde noticed his eyes were dull, and there were bags under his eyes. He probably hadn't slept the whole night from stress. Lucy sighed in relief. ''How long have we been here?'' Natsu asked, his voice hoarse.

''You tell me,'' Lucy replied in a soft tone, and sighed. She closed her eyes, and then smiled slightly.

''But we made it this far. I'm sure Gray, Erza and Wendy are on their way to save us!'' Lucy said in a slightly-cheering voice, earning a nod from Natsu.

Lucy stood up once more, and put a hand on Natsu's cheek. He had already fallen asleep. Lucy smiled slightly and let herself slid back on the ground. She too, drifted into a deep, deep slumber.

~

Lucy woke up, still in the same position she fell asleep in, however, Natsu wasn't there. Her eyes widened as she imagined the worst. They were both on the verge of death, and they still dared to torture them?! Lucy jumped up and scanned the hallway for any blood stains, screams, whatever. But she found nothing.

She then heard the chains in the cell across from her. She saw Natsu hanging there. He was still unconscious, which was, understandable. Lucy wanted to know why they did this, but her answer was soon answered.

Natsu awoke soon after, with the same confusion as Lucy, but growled when he found out they took him away from her. Soldiers filled the hallway once again, as they grabbed Lucy tightly, and dragged her across the hallway, Natsu tugging on the chains all the way.

''DON'T YOU SEE?! BRING HER ONCE MORE TO THAT DUDE AND HE'LL KILL HER!!'' Natsu shouted, but the soldiers ignored him. That's when Vowine came to shut him up.

''WAIT! TAKE ME INSTEAD!'' Natsu shouted. Lucy's eyes widened. He was in worse condition than her, yet he still... Natsu's words rang through her head.

''You didn't need to choose me, I was going to risk my life for you anyway,.''

Lucy gasped loudly, as she realized Vowine gave the order to put Lucy back in her cell, and take Natsu out. Natsu smiled a sad smile. ''I don't care if I die, but you have to live...'' Natsu whispered, but Lucy heard him loud and clear.

Lucy wondered why Natsu would do this for her. Then she looked at herself. She was laying on her side, coated in her own blood, two roughly fixed up stitches, her skin kind of black and scorched because of that electricity-devise, and she was breathing rapidly.