20 - You Light My Fire

Earlier at the guild...

"Alright then, here I go," Wendy said in an unwavering tone, her hands on Natsu's chest. She sighed before looking at the side, to the book, to the page that said what she needed to chant in order for this to work.

"Hear me, Oh God of the sky, listen to my voice. I beg of you, trade a piece of my life for Natsu Dragneel's. Let his eyes open once more, Deus Ozon Marge!" Wendy spoke softly in one go, as both her body and Natsu's started to glow.

Wendy slowly felt her energy draining, and saw it getting shape. It was yellow-ish, and went right into Natsu's heart. Wendy smiled sadly. Natsu was going to wake up, no doubt about it.

On the other hand, Makarov saw it all happen. He then realised that he was letting a young child, with still a future ahead of her, giving part of her life to him. He groaned in annoyance before walking towards the bluenette and grabbing her hand tightly. Wendy looked down next to her, meeting Makarov's eyes.

Then, his body started to glow blue, as Wendy's glow slowly fade away. It mixed with the blue energy, and it went in both Natsu and Wendy. The bluenette knew exactly what he was doing. He used her body as a conductor, restoring her lifespan, while giving his own to Natsu.

Wendy's eyes widened in shock, as Makarov stopped, and Natsu stirred. The bluenette gasped in shock, and opened her mouth to say something, but was shushed by Makarov's hand in front of her. ''You two still have a whole life in front of you. Don't throw it away like this, if an old man like me can do it too,'' He explained in a soft tone, Wendy frowning, but nodding in understanding.

Just then, Mirajane, Laxus, Carla and the others returned, having eliminated the torturers. ''How'd it go?'' Kinana asked, as she was washing the dishes. Mirajane smiled sweetly.

''Just great. They were no matches for us all together,'' She said, as she fistbumped Carla, making Kinana think they teamed up on one of them. She smiled sweetly, as she prepared cups of tea for them.

Gajeel sat down at the bar. ''So... How's Salamander doing?'' He asked in a low tone, as Kinana sighed. She then shook her head, not knowing the situation. She only got told not to interrupt while Makarov was in there.

''Thank you, master...'' Wendy said, folding her hands together as she stared at the ground. Makarov knew this look all too well from the small girl, as he sighed in annoyance.

''Look. When I die, it's not your fault. I chose to do this, got that?'' He spoke harshly yet softly, as Wendy quickly nodded, and replaced the frown with a kind smile. She then put a hand on Natsu's lower chest, slowly moving over to the place where his heart would be. 

(song: Stand Fairy Tail OST) [Plays when Wendy and Carla get those memories when they 'die' and destroy face].

Her hand vibrated. Suddenly, the whole world stopped moving. Another short vibration shot through her hand. Her eyes widened in realisation. Her energy returned to her, as she felt something extra. Another vibration shot through her hand. Wendy pushed all of that 'extra' to her hand, as it got a slight glow of green.

She gasped in realisation, as she retreated her arm. She then immediately bursted through the doors, to outside. When she was outside, she ran to the back of Magnolia, hoping for what she thought this meant. Carla looked after her, as she didn't hesitate.

The white exceed quickly activated her wing magic, and flew after Wendy. She couldn't read the bluenette's expression, so she simply assumed something was wrong, and that she needed her help.