18 - Infiltrate the Council

Nina: Ay Wendy! *hugs her*

Wendy: Geez Nina.. What's with the sudden hugging? *notices a sad smile on her face*

Nina: Wendy. This book is almost finished. Only two or three chapters left!

Wendy: ...So you're sad because we'll have to say goodbye to our talks..?

Nina: Pretty much, yes. I enjoyed talking to you.

Wendy: *hugs Nina* I enjoyed talking yo you as well, Nina.

Nina: *hugs her back* No tears yet. It's not ending. Not yet.

Happy: Aye!

Carla: My my. What an interesting friendship you two have.

Lucy: Agreed!

Gajeel: What even am I doing here?!

Gray: I don't know, nor do I really care.

Erza: On with the chapter!
--------
You light my fire. No matter how far away we are, I will always be here. I will stand up proud and tall, for you.

Whatever will be, will be. There's no changing the past. Only changing future.

Now I need to be brave, make sure I won't make any mistakes. I will help you, even if you're not with me.

Even though we're doing this for my sake, I'd like to think it's for you as well, Natsu.

I will never forget that day. That day you took me to Fairy Tail. I will never forget the wonderful things you've done for me, no matter what.

That is why I will have to believe in myself. I will do this. For the both of us.

Lucy got shaken out of her thoughts when Erza asked her a question. "Are you able to use your magic again?" Erza asked, as she passed Lucy her gate keys.

Lucy stared at them for a while before  stretching her arm forward, Virgo's key in hand. She then moved it up gracefully. "Open! The gate of the maiden!" She started, as the key glowed yellow.

"Virgo!" She finished her chant, as a pink-haired lady appeared out of the light.

"Princess!" The maid yelled happily, as she hugged Lucy tightly, the blonde yelping in surprise.

"The other spirits and I were so worried about you, princess! Leo couldn't summon himself, and you didn't summon us for days!" Virgo explained, as she let go of the blonde, who smiled sadly.

"I'm really sorry for worrying you guys... Go back, and tell the others I'm alright, will you?" Lucy asked softly, as Virgo bowed and left.

Erza and Gray smiled slightly. "Your spirits truly care about you," Gray commented, as Lucy smiled brightly.

"Yeah, they do!" She replied, as Erza mentally noted that Lucy was okay, and could still use her magic.

"So, we're here at last," Erza commented, after a few minutes of walking.

"Are we going straight to business?" Gray asked with a smirk on his face, as the two other ladies nodded their heads eagerly.

The statue was as big as a tree, and as tall as a mansion. The three Fairy Tail mages surrounded the statue, as two councilmembers came outside. The three mages nodded to each other, as Lucy and Erza quickly ran away, while Gray kept standing there, and faced the council.

"Be quick," He mumbled to no one in particular, as he sighed, and thought back at the plan Erza came up with just before she asked Lucy if she could use her magic.