Jaime Lannister - Reader- Present

"Father, I don't want to,"I whisper-yelled at father from across my twin brother, Robb, and mother, who both were standing next to me, ready to greet the royal family.

"If the king wants it, you will do it," he answers back, not even glancing my way. 

"More like if Lord Tywin approves of it," I reply harshly. Robb snorts next to me, trying to disguise it as a laugh. "It's not funny. How would you like being wed to the Kingslayer?" I elbow him in the ribs, making him only laugh more. 

"Both of you need to stop. Lord Tywin has already approved of the match, he sent a raven that arrived this morning," mother replies harshly, glaring at the both of us. "Jaime Lannister will be your husband within the week Evelyn."  I sigh, shooting mother one last glare before the gates rise and horses and carriages ride through them, halting in front of us all.

King Robert steps out of the carriage first, and everyone in the courtyard kneels. From the corner of my eye, I see Queen Cersi step out of another carriage, her son, Prince Joffery, close behind her. The king beckons us all to rise. 

"You got fat," he tells Ned, leaving everyone in silence as they look each other over. They both begin to laugh loudly, hugging " Caetlyn, looking as beautiful as ever."

"Thank you, Your Grace." She curtsies to him as he moves to Robb.

"The last time I saw you was when you were a little babe," he says grinning wide. "And you, my dear, have grown into a fine young woman."

"Thank you, Your Grace," I reply, curtsying. 

"You will make a fine wife to Jaime, a fine wife indeed. Jaime, come meet you soon to be wife," he hollers, turning and looking all around. A man jumps down off of his white horse and walks over to stand next to the king, taking off his helmet as he comes over. 

He is rather handsome, with kind of dirty blonde hair that falls around his chin. His face is fierce yet kind at the same time, with a glint of amusement in his eyes. 

"My lady," he says, holding out his hand. I put mine in his and he raises it to his mouth, kissing the back of it, all while looking into your eyes.

"My lord," you reply. 

"I am no lord yet, my lady. Please, call me Jaime."

*Later that night*

I'm standing on a balcony later that evening, looking over the forest that surrounds Winterfell. 

"My lady, why are you not enjoying the feast with your family?" I spin to find the source of the voice, only to see Jaime standing behind me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you."

"It is quite alright, I just wasn't expecting anyone to be away from the festivities yet. And as to your question, it was getting much too crowded in there for my liking." He walks over and leans against the balcony ledge with me.

"Yes, your North folks sure know how to through a feast. It will be much bigger in Kingslanding, I'm afraid."

"I fear that is one of the many things that I will not enjoy about the city."

"One of many? You don't think you will be happy there?"

"I don't know," I reply honestly, looking into his eyes. "I have never left Winterfell, and going to such a big city will be quite a change. And I heard it smells terrible."

"It does, like horse shit is how I would describe it. But soon enough you and I will travel to Casterly Rock, where you and I shall rule. Will that be better?" He looks at me with a sense of pity in his eyes, grabbing my hand and squeezing it lightly. 

"I hope so." I look down at my feet, feeling somewhat nervous. 

"What is wrong, my lady? I don't want you to be sad." He puts a finger under my chin and lifts my head.

"I'm nervous, I guess. Or maybe anxious. I never really thought about my wedding, but all of a sudden I am to be married. And have to go through a bedding ceremony. All are things I thought would not happen for much longer."

"Most women are excited about the bedding," Jaime replies, a hint of joking mixed into his serious tone. 

"Well, I'm not most women." I notice his confused face and sigh. "Don't mind me though, I'm sure it's just pre-wedding nerves."

"I can tell that it is not. Why are you not looking forward to the bedding?" I turn away from him and look down. 

"Well, I know all the men that will be attending the wedding, you see. And I know that I wouldn't want any of them to see me naked, or anything close to naked. They have all been trying to see me for years, and now that they have a chance to I'm sure they will be most excited."

"My lady, if it is any help, I will be by your side until there is no choice but for me to leave you."

"That is very kind of you."

"Evelyn," I hear Sansa calling as she comes around a corner. "There you are, mother says that we must all go to bed since the next two days will busy for the wedding." That's when she notices Jaime standing beside me. "Oh, I'm sorry to interrupt." 

"We were just getting to know each other more, as you said lady Sansa, it will be a busy two days." He reaches for my hand, kissing the back of it and winking at me. "I should get going now, the king always likes to keep an eye on all of the Lannister's." Sansa and I curtsy as he leaves before we both walk down the hallway to our chambers. 

*Time Skip*

The ceremony was simple yet beautiful, and you had to say that the Lannister cloak was quite soft considering how rough it looked. The feast was well under way, and everyone was smiling and laughing,  enjoying themselves. The Queen kept glaring at me, but I am assuming that it is just because they are twins. 

"Relax my dear," Jaime whispers into my ear, squeezing my leg gently where his hand has been resting on it. "My wedding present to you will be coming soon, and I promise you will be happy with it." I smile shyly at him, resting my hand on top of his. As the bedding gets closer and closer I get more and more nervous, and I can't stop fidgeting with my hands. 

"I am sure I will," I reply. Sansa runs over to the table, grinning like a mad woman. 

"Evelyn, you must come dance," she exclaims. I glance at Jaime and he gestures with his head towards the dance floor. I grin and stand, grabbing his hand and pulling him with me. 

I dance for what feels like hours, I even keep going when Jaime drops out and starts drinking wine. I find myself with many different men, Tryion, who didn't look pleased to be dancing at all, Robb, Theon, father, even prince Joffery joins in. 

"I think it is time for the bedding ceremony," Kind Robert calls out, making everyone in the hall start cheering. All of the men stand and come over to me, ready to take off my clothes for the ceremony. 

"Wait," I hear Jaime call out. Everyone looks over to where he is standing before the table where we were eating. "The bedding ceremony will not be happening." He steps down and holds out his hand for me, which I quickly take. We leave the room to shouts and groans of dismay and outrage. I can't help but grin as we make our way to our now shared chambers.

"Was that the present you told me about?" He looks at me with a smirk on his face.

"Part of it."